Revenant Jeep

antighboatye

Supporting Member
I figured as much as I've been using this forum the past couple months it's probably time I introduce myself. I'm Ben and have owned my 04 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition since January 2007. I used to be fairly active on ROF, simply because I felt that the quality of discussions and tech was better than some of the other forums, despite not having a Rubi. I've spent a lot of time and money building my Jeep but through the years it was relegated to the garage as family, other vehicles, and other interests took its place. I debated selling it a couple times, but I'm at the point now that it has more value to me as something I can enjoy with my kids, so it's here for the long haul.

I'm in the process now of repairing and upgrading things that I have ignored for far too long. I beat on it and put it up wet too many times, so it rode like crap, handled like crap, and in some regards looks like crap.

Currently, it is equipped with the following:
4" JKS coils with Rokmen front LCAs and JKS for the rest (these were acquired almost 8 years apart)
Rancho RS5000X shocks all around (original 5100s were replaced with OMEs, which were then replaced within a month with the Ranchos)
35x12.50x15 MTR Kevlars on 15x8 street lock steelies
Currie Steering and front track bar
RE rear track bar that came with original lift
4.88s with Lockright in front and open rear
AlloyUSA chromo front axles, stock rear
SYE and CV shaft
1" BL/MML
UCF Belly Up
TNT front tube fenders and Rokmen short corners
Big Daddy Offroad sliders
Chopped Bestop front bumper w/ 10k Keeper winch (freebie!)
PRP Daily Driver Seat
Monstaliner in the tub
Rampage fastback top, but it stays in safari top mode most of the year
AEM intake to fit the fenders
Poison Spyder hood louver
Spintech muffler w/ turndown
Skyjacker transfer case linkage
Pioneer head unit with PPI 4ch amp in the glove box and Polk two-ways f/r

Things waiting to be installed:
UCF gas tank skid
UCF windshield armor (to cover damage on passenger side)
Transfer case speedo gear
PRP DD passenger seat (waiting on FedEx)

Completed in the last couple of weeks:
Installed PRP driver's seat
Flushed brake fluid (as far as I know it was still the original fluid, save adding some when I replaced the front calipers at different times through the years)
Installed rear JKS CAs (uppers were done a few months back, lowers just recently)
Fixed cracked vacuum line at firewall
Pressure washed the entire thing

And finally, the short list of things to be addressed:
1. Rear brakes need to be replaced. They are worn and caked with dirt and grime, and the e-brake may as well not exist currently.
2. Even with fixing the cracked vacuum line, I still have a whistle when letting off the throttle, so I need to track that down.
3. Alignment and spend some time adjusting and setting pinion angles and caster.
4. Address rear sway bar. When I installed the rear CAs, I noticed the bushings in the RE links were crumbled (they're 14 years old), so I need to determine if it's worth it to replace them or just run without it altogether.
5. Adjustable rear track bar with correct relocation bracket. The original RE bar that's in there is fixed and the bracket isn't angled so it's in a permanent bind and the bushings are worn. Also it's off center by a full inch.
6. Tires. The MTRs are a decade old at this point and while they still have decent tread, they have flat spots and suck to ride on. I'm thinking of going with Cooper STT Pros in the same size.
7. Exhaust. After the belly-up the exhaust is rattling on the side of the transmission pan, and my quick fix with parts store strapping didn't resolve it. The bushing on the trans mount is wallowed out, but I think if i can replace that and bend the hanger a little it should eliminate the issue.

The pic below is from several months back but it looks mostly the same, although a little cleaner now. I've been really impressed with the quality of content here, and how active the forum is. No Facebook group or subreddit will ever hold a candle to passionate and knowledgeable people posting on forums like these!

IMG_1977.jpg

Reactions: oldjeepman
I figured as much as I've been using this forum the past couple months it's probably time I introduce myself. I'm Ben and have owned my 04 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition since January 2007. I used to be fairly active on ROF, simply because I felt that the quality of discussions and tech was better than some of the other forums, despite not having a Rubi. I've spent a lot of time and money building my Jeep but through the years it was relegated to the garage as family, other vehicles, and other interests took its place. I debated selling it a couple times, but I'm at the point now that it has more value to me as something I can enjoy with my kids, so it's here for the long haul.

I'm in the process now of repairing and upgrading things that I have ignored for far too long. I beat on it and put it up wet too many times, so it rode like crap, handled like crap, and in some regards looks like crap.

Currently, it is equipped with the following:
4" JKS coils with Rokmen front LCAs and JKS for the rest (these were acquired almost 8 years apart)
Rancho RS5000X shocks all around (original 5100s were replaced with OMEs, which were then replaced within a month with the Ranchos)
35x12.50x15 MTR Kevlars on 15x8 street lock steelies
Currie Steering and front track bar
RE rear track bar that came with original lift
4.88s with Lockright in front and open rear
AlloyUSA chromo front axles, stock rear
SYE and CV shaft
1" BL/MML
UCF Belly Up
TNT front tube fenders and Rokmen short corners
Big Daddy Offroad sliders
Chopped Bestop front bumper w/ 10k Keeper winch (freebie!)
PRP Daily Driver Seat
Monstaliner in the tub
Rampage fastback top, but it stays in safari top mode most of the year
AEM intake to fit the fenders
Poison Spyder hood louver
Spintech muffler w/ turndown
Skyjacker transfer case linkage
Pioneer head unit with PPI 4ch amp in the glove box and Polk two-ways f/r

Things waiting to be installed:
UCF gas tank skid
UCF windshield armor (to cover damage on passenger side)
Transfer case speedo gear
PRP DD passenger seat (waiting on FedEx)

Completed in the last couple of weeks:
Installed PRP driver's seat
Flushed brake fluid (as far as I know it was still the original fluid, save adding some when I replaced the front calipers at different times through the years)
Installed rear JKS CAs (uppers were done a few months back, lowers just recently)
Fixed cracked vacuum line at firewall
Pressure washed the entire thing

And finally, the short list of things to be addressed:
1. Rear brakes need to be replaced. They are worn and caked with dirt and grime, and the e-brake may as well not exist currently.
2. Even with fixing the cracked vacuum line, I still have a whistle when letting off the throttle, so I need to track that down.
3. Alignment and spend some time adjusting and setting pinion angles and caster.
4. Address rear sway bar. When I installed the rear CAs, I noticed the bushings in the RE links were crumbled (they're 14 years old), so I need to determine if it's worth it to replace them or just run without it altogether.
5. Adjustable rear track bar with correct relocation bracket. The original RE bar that's in there is fixed and the bracket isn't angled so it's in a permanent bind and the bushings are worn. Also it's off center by a full inch.
6. Tires. The MTRs are a decade old at this point and while they still have decent tread, they have flat spots and suck to ride on. I'm thinking of going with Cooper STT Pros in the same size.
7. Exhaust. After the belly-up the exhaust is rattling on the side of the transmission pan, and my quick fix with parts store strapping didn't resolve it. The bushing on the trans mount is wallowed out, but I think if i can replace that and bend the hanger a little it should eliminate the issue.

The pic below is from several months back but it looks mostly the same, although a little cleaner now. I've been really impressed with the quality of content here, and how active the forum is. No Facebook group or subreddit will ever hold a candle to passionate and knowledgeable people posting on forums like these!

View attachment 224605
Looks Badass!

Looks Badass!
Thanks! I was thinking about it earlier and I bought it when I was 24. I spent a number of years buying parts to make it look like I wanted or work "better", slapped them on and hit the trails without ever taking the time to make sure they worked right all together. At 38 now I have more experience and a better appreciation for doing things the correct and complete way, in order to get the most for my money and the most enjoyment out of the drive. I'm hoping to correct a lot of that.