Reverse lighting

CasterTroy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
OK so I'm spoiled. On my exploder I have a 12" LED bar frenched into the rear bumper, on the truck I have a pair of dually LED pods on the class III but on the TJ I have no supplemental lighting shining rearward and the stock bulbs put out SQUAT for lighting.

I've seen a few folks add LED's to the bottom of their tailight pods..but that kinda looks like a skin tag to me.

I've considered a pair of flush duallys to mount in my rear bumper

images.ashx?i=21121.jpg

But I'm not 100% on that

I hate to cut up a perfectly good bumper

20151216_165147.jpg

Suggestions?

Not yet. I HAVE that in the exploder, but the bulb is facing directly rearward in that application so it worked WONDERS...but this bulb is turned to the side. Wasnt' sure how that would project

Know what you mean about horrible backup lights on the TJ. Lost a right rear fender flare over that, though I could have asked the daughter to get out and spot for me. Look around, there are some pretty nice backup light installations out there. Some even include wiring diagrams so that the lights turn on with the regular backup lights and are able to be turned on by a dash switch as rear work lights.

Two flush mount LED's are on the MOD list, but haven't gotten to that yet. FI there is enough interest, I'll go dig up some pictures and the wiring diagram. One thing for sure, don't mount them under the rear bumper as that is a good way to scrape them off.

I have the rugged ridge LED taillights. The reverse light on these tail lights is so amazingly bright, it got rid of all my backup light woes.

OK so I'm spoiled. On my exploder I have a 12" LED bar frenched into the rear bumper, on the truck I have a pair of dually LED pods on the class III but on the TJ I have no supplemental lighting shining rearward and the stock bulbs put out SQUAT for lighting.

I've seen a few folks add LED's to the bottom of their tailight pods..but that kinda looks like a skin tag to me.

I've considered a pair of flush duallys to mount in my rear bumper

View attachment 1322

But I'm not 100% on that

I hate to cut up a perfectly good bumper

View attachment 1321

Suggestions?
Then I doubt you'd like how I did mine at all. :D
20151217_125519_resized.jpg