Revised: Help finding a part number (if there is one)

04 LJ

🇺🇸 JEEP 🇺🇸
Supporting Member
When I removed the radiator as part of my cooling system overhaul, these 2 pieces fell on the ground as I lifted the old radiator out. The long, curved piece appears to be made of hard foam but I don’t see any curves on the radiator that match the shape of the piece. I assume it’s some sort of cushion but you know what assuming means. The other, smaller piece appears to be a rubber shock/vibration absorber. It’s hollowed out as to fit on a tube or line. The trans lines that go to the bottom of the radiator are metal but not near where I found this. Thanks for the help!

280DB98A-0A36-4F9A-859F-2718B2CA1105.jpeg

F17FEF6F-B90F-4948-AE1B-B5B9C61A6BA0.jpeg

55529675-5E1C-4068-980F-7334B954735E.jpeg

400E4EB4-F6D0-47A9-8F99-30FC6498DAB9.jpeg

FFC1BD7C-4F01-4C71-8334-2D2CF5F5266D.jpeg

Could the bigger piece be the foam seal that goes in the front top of the radiator? Mine has something like that there.

Maybe it fell out at some point long ago and has just laying in that curved shape for awhile.

Reactions: 04 LJ
Could the bigger piece be the foam seal that goes in the front top of the radiator? Mine has something like that there.

Maybe it fell out at some point long ago and has just laying in that curved shape for awhile.
I’m sure it could be. Do you have a pic of what you’re referring to for reference? Thanks.

Boy, if I'm not mistaken, the smaller ribbed item sure looks like the "handle" that goes on your hood prop rod. Does yours still have one on it?
Wow, that’s an awesome thought. I’ll be sure to check in the AM when I jump back on the project. I’m gonna search TJ hood prop (b/c Ive never once used mine haha) and see if I see something that looks like it in a picture. Thanks!

I bet that’s it. Thanks. Not sure I’ll be able to get it back straight but I’ll try. Surely many of you aren’t running this cushion.....are you?
It isn't a cushion, it is a gap filler to keep the air going through the radiator. The ribbed "handle" is not a handle, it is a guard so when you swing the hood prop rod back out from under the hood to the passenger side, it keeps the rod from nicking the paint on the hood lip.

It isn't a cushion, it is a gap filler to keep the air going through the radiator. The ribbed "handle" is not a handle, it is a guard so when you swing the hood prop rod back out from under the hood to the passenger side, it keeps the rod from nicking the paint on the hood lip.
Thanks for the info!

Wondering if anyone may know a part number for the foam gap filler piece? There is a residue, like a glue, at the top of my radiator where I’m pretty sure my warped/bent piece of foam used to be glued/attached somehow.

Reactions: 04 LJ