Revolution Gear Supply Chain Update

sab

"Semper Discens"
Lifetime Supporting Member
Back in December, I contacted Revolution Gear to order chromoly axles front and rear and a 4.88 re-gear kit for my LJ Rubicon. They had the rear axles in stock and shipped them within days, but the front axles and re-gear kits were out of stock with no definite delivery date. They apparently had the inner axle shafts and U-joints, but were waiting for the outers. Today, I called them to see if they had an update for me, and I thought I'd pass along what I was told.

Front axles - their supplier has gone dark and won't respond to them. Apparently, they are actually sending a human to the facility to see if they can get some answers. I'm going to call them back in about a month and see what news they have. Fortunately, I have so many elements of my build that many of these supply-chain issues won't affect me much - to a point. As I knock off the to-do list, I have a sneaky feeling that I'm going to eventually come to a stand-still. These supply-chain issues so do challenge a feller!

Re-rear kits - the supplier is pumping them out, but the issue is getting them shipped. Apparently the container ship issues will be with us for a while. He did say that they expect them in early March, so that's a better situation than the axle situation.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this info on. I also called T and J today about the Barnett covers, but the sales rep just got in from KOHs and was still getting caught up. If he calls me back, I'll start a new thread with an update on those, too, because I know I'm not the only one trying to get my arthritic hands on a couple of those!

Back in December, I contacted Revolution Gear to order chromoly axles front and rear and a 4.88 re-gear kit for my LJ Rubicon. They had the rear axles in stock and shipped them within days, but the front axles and re-gear kits were out of stock with no definite delivery date. They apparently had the inner axle shafts and U-joints, but were waiting for the outers. Today, I called them to see if they had an update for me, and I thought I'd pass along what I was told.

Front axles - their supplier has gone dark and won't respond to them. Apparently, they are actually sending a human to the facility to see if they can get some answers. I'm going to call them back in about a month and see what news they have. Fortunately, I have so many elements of my build that many of these supply-chain issues won't affect me much - to a point. As I knock off the to-do list, I have a sneaky feeling that I'm going to eventually come to a stand-still. These supply-chain issues so do challenge a feller!

Re-rear kits - the supplier is pumping them out, but the issue is getting them shipped. Apparently the container ship issues will be with us for a while. He did say that they expect them in early March, so that's a better situation than the axle situation.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this info on. I also called T and J today about the Barnett covers, but the sales rep just got in from KOHs and was still getting caught up. If he calls me back, I'll start a new thread with an update on those, too, because I know I'm not the only one trying to get my arthritic hands on a couple of those!
Thank you for the update, I am waiting for a set of axles also.

I gave up on the hp30 gears I ordered from them in May and bought Nitro gears instead. They were able to get me my 35 gears and super 35 axles though with no problems. That was this month.

Reactions: Irun
Sounds like we still have everything coming from overseas.
I don't know how RGA does things but I know they arent mining ore, smelting, forming, etc the steel they use in their finished products. As a percentage of what we use as a country I think most raw steel product must be coming from overseas.

I gave up on the hp30 gears I ordered from them in May and bought Nitro gears instead. They were able to get me my 35 gears and super 35 axles though with no problems. That was this month.
I was sticking with Revolution based on the many discussions here about their consistency (same manufacturers). However, it seems that beggars can't be choosers these days. I have some time to wait, yet, but at some point, I may be forced to go another route.

Reactions: HornedToad
I was sticking with Revolution based on the many discussions here about their consistency (same manufacturers). However, it seems that beggars can't be choosers these days. I have some time to wait, yet, but at some point, I may be forced to go another route.
I was in the same boat - got stuck in the RGA supply chain issue a few months ago and out of impatience, and the fear of the OP findings, I opted for their non-USA axles (570) and went with Motive Gear 5.13.

I'm not quite ready to give up, yet, but man, it's getting harder and harder to stay patient!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I've got my Revolution axles...gear sets...carrier bearings...shims...Barnes truss and tubes (yeah, yeah) and front diff...4wd is telling me about another two months for the Super 35 e-locker.

Also waiting on a Walker header to cat pipe...

Done spending money on parts that ain't going to be here anytime soon.

-Mac

Done spending money on parts that ain't going to be here anytime soon.
Unfortunately, it's getting to where it's either spend money on those backorders, or be content. I'm not content, yet. (are we ever?)

I just counted, and between parts and tools, I am tracking a full dozen backorders for my build!

• Angry
Reactions: NOTNSUV
sab any update on this? I'm about to pull the trigger on the super 30/35 kit and 4.88 gears but it looks like it is still out of stock.

Does anybody have an alternate recommendation?

sab any update on this? I'm about to pull the trigger on the super 30/35 kit and 4.88 gears but it looks like it is still out of stock.

No clue but if you get impatient and decide to try to piece it together yourself or if someone else is claiming to have a "Super 35" kit, makes darned sure its axle shafts are 1541H and not chromoly 4310 or 4340.

I've got an unused super 35 kit from Rev on my shelf if you're interested. Shipping might kind of suck to Colorado from dallas, but maybe able to work something out. It is the proper 1541H and 30 splines. I was going to use it but went another route when a Dana 44 fell in my lap.

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
No clue but if you get impatient and decide to try to piece it together yourself or if someone else is claiming to have a "Super 35" kit, makes darned sure its axle shafts are 1541H and not chromoly 4310 or 4340.
Jerry, Thanks for the info. This is what I found on their website. The 1541 doesnt have the "H" after it. Is this not what I want?

1647020652101.png

I've got an unused super 35 kit from Rev on my shelf if you're interested. Shipping might kind of suck to Colorado from dallas, but maybe able to work something out. It is the proper 1541H and 30 splines. I was going to use it but went another route when a Dana 44 fell in my lap.
Definitely interested. I'll send you a DM. Thanks!

Reactions: machoheadgames