Revolution Gear Supply Chain Update

I’m the one who called and got the last gear kit they had. Thanks @sab! I called and asked about 5.38 thick cut rubicon gear kits and he told me they had enough koyo bearings to make exactly ONE full kit so I ordered it.

I can’t remember the exact dates but I ordered front and rear USA shafts near the middle/end of last year and got them both within a few months. My fronts are “Foote USA” stamped.

Not really odd at all if you know just a smidgen of the back story and can read between the lines some. The domestic shafts are the bigger u-joint versions. Previous, they were made by Foote Axle and Forge here in SoCal. Foote was acquired and then shut down about a year or so ago. That put Revolution in the position of hoping the new company would still be able to fulfill their orders. So far due to various issues, that hasn't been easy.

I knew Foote was acquired, but did not know it was shut down after that. Now I better understand the tricky position RGA was put in. Thanks for sharing that Blaine.

FWIW, I spoke with Revolution last week looking for a set of 5.13 gears for a Dana35. They had none in stock & none expected to show up for at least 60 days.
:(

Not a Revolution Gear issue...but I ordered Rock Hard sliders a couple of weeks ago...they sent me a tracking number a day later...no activity since...I called today...4-6 weeks typical wait per order...they just make the shipping label when the order is placed (which is confusing to the customer and probably drives FedEx bonkers.)

-Mac

• Angry
Reactions: jwilson2899
Not a Revolution Gear issue...but I ordered Rock Hard sliders a couple of weeks ago...they sent me a tracking number a day later...no activity since...I called today...4-6 weeks typical wait per order...they just make the shipping label when the order is placed (which is confusing to the customer and probably drives FedEx bonkers.)

-Mac
I would HATE that.

I think that's a trend started by vendors who sell on Amazon and eBay because they are graded on shipping speed, and it seems that was a loophole to outsmart the Amazon and eBay bots that detected if something was shipped on time. It's pure B.S., and I can't stand it, either. It happens to me a lot on eBay and occasionally on Amazon (non-Prime items, obviously). Very frustrating...

Oh, and to stay on topic - I received a UPS tracking number from Revolution for my gear kit this afternoon! It's not moving, yet, so hopefully they didn't just print the label :unsure:

Not really odd at all if you know just a smidgen of the back story and can read between the lines some. The domestic shafts are the bigger u-joint versions. Previous, they were made by Foote Axle and Forge here in SoCal. Foote was acquired and then shut down about a year or so ago. That put Revolution in the position of hoping the new company would still be able to fulfill their orders. So far due to various issues, that hasn't been easy.
That's interesting, but the question then becomes why can't the domestic manufacturer that acquired Foote (and shut them down) fulfill the orders from Revolution?

Oh, and to stay on topic - I received a UPS tracking number from Revolution for my gear kit this afternoon! It's not moving, yet, so hopefully they didn't just print the label :unsure:
Woo hoo! My gear kit arrived today. That REM superfinish process really puts a shine on the gear teeth! Now I just have to get my shop put together again so I can get the LJ on the lift and get them installed...

Reactions: NskLJ
That's interesting, but the question then becomes why can't the domestic manufacturer that acquired Foote (and shut them down) fulfill the orders from Revolution?
Can't or won't.

There's an opportunity cost in everything produced. Sometimes the numbers just don't add up for something to be profitable.

This issue with Foote is a big problem as they were pretty much the only aftermarket big truck axle shaft supplier in the US. It has left a lot of guys running older iron stuck with scrounging for used shafts or parking trucks.

Likely the bigger issue is MOQ.

More specifically yes. Tool changes take up time that could be used to produce something else. So if the quantities at a price the market will bear aren't large enough to justify the tool changes, it's more profitable to make something else.

Update. I called today and they received some of the Koyo bearings for the kits. I was able to order my 4.56 gear set with master install kit and added the REM surface coating.

For anyone looking for axles, my rear Discovery axles were delivered a few weeks ago and my front Discovery axles are out for delivery today.

Last edited:
Any news on availability on the USA made Dana 44 Front Axles?

Getting ready to pull the trigger on some discoveries because they are available, but would rather have the US made ones.

Was doing some lighthearted googling today, and for poops and giggles I typed in Rev-TJ-Rub-488. ONE set available on Amazon.
I have no idea who I'll be able to convince to install it for me, but was happy to see one of these white whales finally appear so I could spear it.

Was doing some lighthearted googling today, and for poops and giggles I typed in Rev-TJ-Rub-488. ONE set available on Amazon.
I have no idea who I'll be able to convince to install it for me, but was happy to see one of these white whales finally appear so I could spear it.
There's also a set of 5.38's for a Rubicon that has been on Amazon and sold by Revolution for a short time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETJR1R2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

There's also a set of 5.38's for a Rubicon that has been on Amazon and sold by Revolution for a short time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETJR1R2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If the gears are known to be on back order then this link is likely nothing more than an ad.

I talked to Revolution about this while I was waiting on my 5.38s and axles and they basically confirmed this.

You can't count on the inventory count in an amazon link unless it's an amazon prime item (that's in an Amazon warehouse). This ad is for an item that has to be drop-shipped (we know this because it's not an amazon prime item) and Revolution likely put inventory at one because you can't have an inventory of zero or it will say "unavailable" and won't pop up the same for SEO purposes.

That's my understanding at least when it comes to Amazon (I used to sell tactical tomahawks so I learned a bit about how amazon works when I decided to sell via Prime).

I'm not saying to not look into this (I'd call revolution to confirm) just wanted to throw this out there to potentially help set expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyinfish
If the gears are known to be on back order then this link is likely nothing more than an ad.

I talked to Revolution about this while I was waiting on my 5.38s and axles and they basically confirmed this.

You can't count on the inventory count in an amazon link unless it's an amazon prime item (that's in an Amazon warehouse). This ad is for an item that has to be drop-shipped (we know this because it's not an amazon prime item) and Revolution likely put inventory at one because you can't have an inventory of zero or it will say "unavailable" and won't pop up the same for SEO purposes.

That's my understanding at least when it comes to Amazon (I used to sell tactical tomahawks so I learned a bit about how amazon works when I decided to sell via Prime).

I'm not saying to not look into this (I'd call revolution to confirm) just wanted to throw this out there to potentially help set expectations.
That sucks if it's just a place holder and won't be delivered June 9-13th like stated. I know Revolution had been many months behind but one would think they may just making some available.

I bought the same 5.38 front & rear master gear package in 2019 so I'm golden.

Reactions: MikeE024
That sucks if it's just a place holder and won't be delivered June 9-13th like stated. I know Revolution had been many months behind but one would think they may just making some available.

I bought the same 5.38 front & rear master gear package in 2019 so I'm golden.

Yea I don’t agree with doing that either but my gut tells me that’s what it is. I hope I’m wrong.