Revolution USA Made Front Axle Shaft Installation

Remind what those were. There might be some odd things going on with the front.

Weren't your rear tires rubbing the shocks sooner than other people's were? Also I can't remember what the outcome of your grill alignment thread was if yours is different.

Weren't your rear tires rubbing the shocks sooner than other people's were? Also I can't remember what the outcome of your grill alignment thread was if yours is different.

I was concerned that the 35s would rub the outboard badly with the new 3.75" BS wheels. They don't rub badly at all, especially when aired down like you suggested.

The grill height off the frame seems to be perfectly average compared to those who posted their's.

Reactions: toximus
dammit toximus, your really makin me wanna dump my woman.
you work at a quick pace. while i'm limited to a couple hrs a day b4 the whinin and bitchin starts. can't make her understand to let me get this done.......then it's done

i'm still gonna try this and i'll post my results, but it's not gonna be soon.......until the rear end of the rig is rebuilt i can't get that front end up to play with.

• Wow
Reactions: toximus
Save yourself some frustration and get something better than the Channellock that I have.
Recommendation for snap ring pliers?

Shove the shafts in and you are done. Go and have fun.

Do these axle shafts just slide out and slide back in as easily as mentioned? Anything notable to mention on removal or install?

just be gentle putting new 1's in they have to go through a seal you don't wanna beat up. and try not to scrape them across the bottom of a dirty tube, you don't wanna put debris into the diff (the little plastic shaft rings help with this). it can take a bit of patience to line them up but it's easy.

Recommendation for snap ring pliers?

I suffered through the one I have and still need to find something better.

Do these axle shafts just slide out and slide back in as easily as mentioned? Anything notable to mention on removal or install?
They slide in just like the factory shafts, just a bit heavier.

Thanks for the write up

IMG_3800.jpeg

Thanks for the write up

View attachment 490866

The part of the unit bearing bolts to grind, if one feels this is necessary, would be to knock the corner off the very top. The flange portion isn't in the way of the axle shaft yokes.

Regardless, the yoke will clear away whatever small bit of the bolt head is in its way without incident.

The part of the unit bearing bolts to grind, if one feels this is necessary, would be to knock the corner off the very top. The flange portion isn't in the way of the axle shaft yokes.

Regardless, the yoke will clear away whatever small bit of the bolt head is in its way without incident.

I did grind the head of the bolts but only to two. Should it be all 6?