Ridiculously stupid and then some

If we can dispense with this idea that we are something other than an unusually self-aware animal, we can just talk about how far we are able to disrupt the balance through our persistence and good engineering.
Not my fault that I understand how air conditioning works. When the coyotes evolve to the same point I’ll sit down with them & have a discussion 😀

Not my fault that I understand how air conditioning works. When the coyotes evolve to the same point I’ll sit down with them & have a discussion 😀
Let's hope the playing field doesn't get leveled from the other direction. Most coyotes are better suited to survive and thrive outside than we are these days. ;)

Let's hope the playing field doesn't get leveled from the other direction. Most coyotes are better suited to survive and thrive outside than we are these days. ;)
Funny you say that, on a recent fire (Fork Fire by the Rubicon) four firefighters were attacked while sleeping in a campground, by a coyote, one had to get rabies shots.

Funny you say that, on a recent fire (Fork Fire by the Rubicon) four firefighters were attacked while sleeping in a campground, by a coyote, one had to get rabies shots.

Nature will always push back and find a balance.

Nature will always push back and find a balance.
1600860264220.jpeg

Aren't leg traps illegal?

We have a huge coyote population in our neighborhood, we have plenty of open space nearby. I always get the notification from the Nextdoor App that "there's a coyote on the loose!". Everyone I've seen just wanders on a short distance away because they've become so habituated to the surrounding communities. If you're pet gets attacked or killed, well, unfortunately that is on you. If you're worried about a nuisance coyote, try some hazing. Chances are you'll run it off easily and you can continue your golf game.

Reactions: jjvw
Aren't leg traps illegal?

We have a huge coyote population in our neighborhood, we have plenty of open space nearby. I always get the notification from the Nextdoor App that "there's a coyote on the loose!". Everyone I've seen just wanders on a short distance away because they've become so habituated to the surrounding communities. If you're pet gets attacked or killed, well, unfortunately that is on you. If you're worried about a nuisance coyote, try some hazing. Chances are you'll run it off easily and you can continue your golf game.
I spent a very large majority of my life killing shit for the sake of killing shit, deer, vermin, coyotes, prairie dogs, squirrels, fish etc. At some point a switch flipped and I don't like to kill anything if it is avoidable. I decimate the local ground squirrel population given any opportunity but I feed the local rabbits grain and wheat grass that I grow for them.

We have coyotes, possums, raccoons, and similar and I much prefer to co-exist since we are in their natural habitat. I don't poison the rodents since we have a fair number of owls and various size raptors that suffer greatly if they consume them.

My biggest challenge is getting the neighbors to understand that small pets are tasty snacks for the local predators.

a few hundred thousand years and counting ... nature seems content with the order
🧐

We've changed quite a bit over the last 300 years. A quick blink in time. The jury is still out on how sustainable the current hierarchy is. ;)

There’s a reason coyotes are legal to hunt 24 hours a day 365 days a year anywhere it is legal to hunt or you have permission no hunting license required, in Nevada at least. They are far from being endangered, the population is exploding according to fish and game and if not controlled will kill off the surrounding small game seriously impacting food sources for the other apex predators, eventually when the food is gone their own population will decline but it takes an area a long time to recover.

This is really about a low bid contractor with a delusional cowboy complex dropped on his head as a child in desperate need for the lesson he’s soon to receive.