Right front Ravine wheel rubs

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
On my 05 Sport with 105k:

When i turn the steering wheel hard to the right to the wheel stop, the inside of the right front wheel scrapes against the right front control arm.
It only scrapes at hard lock when im turning to the right.

I noticed my not centered sway bar today and wondered if it is related to the right wheel scraping?

Passenger side
20181219_124957.jpg

Driver side
20181219_124940.jpg

Would recentering the sway bar help ? Maybe an adjustable track bar?
Is there something I need to check or leave it b?

The jeep is stock but for the Moog tie rod upgrade and a 2" Procomp SL on 31s.

Do you have an aftermarket track bar on the front? That 1/4" may not make a huge difference, but would definitely be why the tire is scraping the control arm after the lift.

Reactions: StG58
Do you have an aftermarket track bar on the front? That 1/4" may not make a huge difference, but would definitely be why the tire is scraping the control arm after the lift.
No, pretty sure it is the stock track bar up front..
And I've checked the alignment twice, its dead on, and the Jeep drives straight and smooth.

No, pretty sure it is the stock track bar up front..
And I've checked the alignment twice, its dead on, and the Jeep drives straight and smooth.
My point is, I had 31" tires on a previous TJ with a 2" lift. That did cause the RF tire to rub the control arm. I fixed the issue with aftermarket control arms (because they were tubular, and smaller in diameter), but it could also be solved either by an adjustable track bar to shift the axle back to the passenger side, or, as @Chris mentioned, add a washer or two to the steering stop. I don't like losing turning radius, but that's just me.

Aftermarket rims with more BS would be another option.
I like the Ravines. I think they look good on dark TJs so ill keep them.
If/when I move to 33s I'll just use 1" wheel spacers... which won't be long considering the amount of tread I dont have. :)

Reactions: StG58
Inch and a half of lift? Check. Stock Grizzly wheels? Check. 31x10.50's? Check. Stock track bar and control arms? Check. Extra washer on the steering stops? Check. Still rubs the right front tire at full turn to the right.

An adjustable track bar may help, but I have my doubts that it's a fix under all circumstances. New lowers may help, but less back spacing will fix the problem.

Reactions: KCsTJ