Rockauto customer service

05RubiHara

Bought replacement carpet for the 05 LJ I'm buying. Came Friday, great! Two missing pieces (both rocker panels), not great. Went to call Rockauto only to find they only have online customer service, terrible! Filled out the 'missing piece' complaint, wanting them sent ASAP but get a message saying if I don't have them by so and so date (almost 2 weeks from today) to email them, since I can't call.
VERY DISAPPOINTED in Rockauto not having phone customer service. Carpet was a little cheaper than other vendors but if I'd have known about the online only customer service thing I probably wouldn't have ordered from them.
Anyone know of a 'secret' Rockauto number to actually be able to talk to a human if you have a problem?
Sorry, rant over. Thanks for any/all help.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Which part number did you order?

The carpet kit for the TJ Unlimited I’ve seen doesn’t include the rocker carpet…

I would also recommend bedrug kit instead of carpet. I changed my stock lj carpet out for a bedbug kit and it's significantly better. Easier to clean, looks great and doesn't hold water for days like the factory carpet and insulation did. I paired that with some formed quadratec floor mats for a easy cleanup after wheeling.

Reactions: Dan T. and Chris
I've bought a few times from RA. Quick shipping, but every order had some issue that was easier to correct myself rather than hassle with filing an online return and waiting for an exchange or refund.

I'm pretty much done with RA and order what I can from local stores when they have a sale, or reputable online specialty parts stores.

Reactions: fourpointzero

The carpet kit for the TJ Unlimited I’ve seen doesn’t include the rocker carpet…
I ordered them separately:
20210926_223326.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies OP but my comment on fridge magnets was to the human factor of their provided service, the magnets put in at dispatch are of recent vehicles built with RA parts which shows a genuine company interest in their customers , if that makes sense?

RA used to be my go-to. But now they're one of a handful of vendors with that kind of size who still actually charge shipping....

You are correct, The LJ kit does not come with the rocker carpet. You have to order the rocker carpet separately. Also RockAuto shows what is included in the kit and gives a description.

That is the incorrect carpet for a TJ Unlimited. I went through this with ACC a few months ago when I replaced the carpet in my LJ.
ACC does not order a Quick install carpet for the LJ.
Sounds like he ordered a standard TJ 8-piece set and they forgot the rocker panel pieces in that kit…

They still made a mistake though, unfortunately…

Thanks all for your replies. Yes, I ordered the wrong kit - have an LJ and missed that in the product description. Am returning it for a refund minus a small amount for return shipping.

Last question on this topic - if you don't order ACC products from Rockauto, who have you used instead?

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Thanks all for your replies. Yes, I ordered the wrong kit - have an LJ and missed that in the product description. Am returning it for a refund minus a small amount for return shipping.

Last question on this topic - if you don't order ACC products from Rockauto, who have you used instead?
I ordered mine from RockAuto. They were the cheapest and actually had it in stock.
Just be prepared. The LJ carpet does'nt come with any cut outs or snaps.
You have to do all the trimming yourself.
It took me a couple of hours once I had the interior removed.
I used my original carpet as a template.

On a side note...... I have had issues with RockAuto's customer service in the past.
I received a blower motor that was damaged. It was caused by their crappy packaging. A box inside a box with no bubble wrap.
They wanted pictures of the outer box to make sure it wasn't damaged. They also wanted pictures of the damaged part. They would not send a replacement until I returned it.
More recently I ordered a clutch kit from them. The throwout bearing was damaged, again due to poor packaging.
They would not send a replacement throwout bearing. I had to return the whole kit.
I didnt want to wait so I purchased the bearing locally.

Rockauto these days seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes I get exactly want I need, other times I get the wrong part. They are pretty good (at least for me) with the returns and sending the correct part, but it is a hassle to repackage, mail it and wait another week or so for the new part. I just ordered a wheel hub for my Impala today, so let's see what I get.