Rockers (Replace, Remove, or Re-Adjust?)

Rugged Ridge is not known for their quality. And with all the big rocks on our local SoCal trails you need a good solid strong rocker. I've kind of lost touch with current good quality rockers that are less costly alternatives to the standard-bearer, Savvy's but which are currently out of stock. Anyone have good strong recommendations? Preferably with an inside reinforcement plate?
JCR, TNT (both have reinforcement brackets in the interior)

Better offerings are covered in this thread.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/rock-sliders-rocker-guards-guide.8704/post-129480

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Thanks everyone! May just bite the bullet with the JCRs
I have the JCR's. They are only OK. Mounting leaves a bit to be desired...Their instructions tell you to drill through the floor and torque boxes with four bolts...which leaves bolts ends sticking up out of the floor and the bolt is unsupported through the torque box. Both no-nos in my humble opinion. I drilled a bunch of smaller holes, installed netserts in my torque boxes and used those to hold the sliders. They are strong and not light. They go wheelwell to wheelwell. They come with backing plates. They do a nice job protecting the tub. I have no doubt I can use them to pivot around rocks and trees. But...if I were to buy another set of sliders, I'd go Savvy.

If you want to see what I did to my sliders, its documented over here...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/mirustyjeep.4191/post-873486

Last edited:
I have the Rockhard Patriot sliders. I like their heft,coverage, mounting method, and price. If I were to do it over, I'd skip the ones with the step tube and go with just the rocker guard. The tubes are useless and get in the way.
They don't come with an inner reinforcement plate or bracket, but it isn't hard to fab one of those.
Rockers.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's just the crooked lines of the nerf bars, but the images in the OP make it look like the front of the body may be higher than the rear.

Is there a partial body lift on this TJ?

Maybe it's just the crooked lines of the nerf bars, but the images in the OP make it look like the front of the body may be higher than the rear.

Is there a partial body lift on this TJ?
The nerf bars are crooked. Unless I’m totally just not seeing it I don’t believe there is a BL on it

Reactions: nathanotis