Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

I was in the right place at the right time this week and saw @mvigo ’s generous offer paying forward some fox shocks. I had planned on rears eventually and for the price of shipping I am able to eliminate the shock relocators gaining around an inch back of travel and get that firm but not harsh feel all around.

Once I catch up on time, I’ll pay forward my former shocks.

BB2B8807-3C2F-41C0-B51E-67F7B08ABDAC.jpeg

112BBE00-944F-4F14-AF89-E02F635AD3FA.jpeg

I was in the right place at the right time this week and saw @mvigo ’s generous offer paying forward some fox shocks. I had planned on rears eventually and for the price of shipping I am able to eliminate the shock relocators gaining around an inch back of travel and get that firm but not harsh feel all around.

Once I catch up on time, I’ll pay forward my former shocks.

View attachment 185521
View attachment 185522

happy to help...

I’m definitely going to go with something with a stronger sidewall next time. These KO2s perform fairly well (yesterday we found they were better than Patagonia’s in the traction department), but I have some missing rubber on each of my tires in a number of spots.

365EC0CB-95CF-4EDB-A2DF-26C1624C5627.jpeg

I don’t think they’re currently unsafe, but probably can’t do many more trips in the rocks on them.

I’m definitely going to go with something with a stronger sidewall next time. These KO2s perform fairly well (yesterday we found they were better than Patagonia’s in the traction department), but I have some missing rubber on each of my tires in a number of spots.

View attachment 185836

I don’t think they’re currently unsafe, but probably can’t do many more trips in the rocks on them.
Are they load range C? I'm very happy with my KO2s but no rocks here to speak of.

View attachment 185836

My previous Duratracs and Cooper StMaxxes were far more chewed up than that at their ends. And they were also both better tires than the Patagonias are.

View attachment 185836

aren't those load e? Thats like 10 ply side wall

Are they load range C? I'm very happy with my KO2s but no rocks here to speak of.
aren't those load e? Thats like 10 ply side wall

LR-E, so I’ll run them til I can’t. Planning a replacement by next season so hoping they’ll be fine until then.

My previous Duratracs and Cooper StMaxxes were far more chewed up than that at their ends. And they were also both better tires than the Patagonias are.

That’s good to know, I’ll roll with them until I can’t and then probably keep them as snow tires when I get MTs next year.

As much as I despise Goodyear's political stance right now, the MT/R's with Kevlar have been a GREAT tire for me in the rocks. They don't balance worth a shit but they are great in the rocks and very durable.

View attachment 185836

My KM2’s are missing a tread block here and there plus this nibble out of the sidewall.
F7321EA7-A40C-4721-8105-F2592219DDA8.png

Last edited:
This is a little bittersweet, as I love the design of this bumper - but today I shed the high quality Dirtworx in favor of a plate bumper.

image.jpg

Vs
image.jpg

Temporarily My hitch is gone, but I’ll either work one in like JJVW or buy back the old frame mount one I sold for the infrequent need (bolting it up when needed and removing it the rest of the time).

Depending on the trip, I’ll toss the spare in the tub vs keeping it out back.