Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

If you do and have feedback please share it!

Edit: I notice a few things in these, but since it was all grouped together you won’t see many changes until I get out again 😅
Footage was great. I’ve done that trail and it brought back the memories.

My question for you is, what’s your goal with YouTube? Document only or do you want to grow and get followers?

Footage was great. I’ve done that trail and it brought back the memories.

My question for you is, what’s your goal with YouTube? Document only or do you want to grow and get followers?

I’ve been wrestling with this myself. I know that if the goal is the latter (grow/+followers) it needs to have a personality and story.

I don’t have a big interest in “being a YouTuber” but I like the idea of bringing people along for a journey that isn’t always accessible for various reasons. I’ve been thinking that’s just a stigma I have to get over though.

Reactions: Apparition
I’ve been wrestling with this myself. I know that if the goal is the latter (grow/+followers) it needs to have a personality and story.

I don’t have a big interest in “being a YouTuber” but I like the idea of bringing people along for a journey that isn’t always accessible for various reasons. I’ve been thinking that’s just a stigma I have to get over though.
That was my line of thinking you need to provide more. I think you could get by with some voice over, I’d recommend the video I think Tyler did for BleepinJeep for the hole in the rock trail as an example.

Brad from Trailrecon also does a great job giving some trail backstory.

You may want to discuss the difficulty and what you’d recommend for minimum build on the trail, make it more Jeeper resource ish.

Reactions: rasband
I’ve had leaks since shortly after installing my new rear axle shafts, but it’s been slow enough I’ve not addressed it until today.

We pulled them out and after looking at the ones the BFH Garage had on hand we found that the timkens I bought off Amazon are either fakes or just low quality since moving to Taiwan or wherever.

The left is the old (and missing a small 2mm thick metal piece).

8ED758A6-EAEE-4866-9B4F-37D3C678F741.jpeg

Now check out how poorly the old one would attempt to seal, it wasn’t consistent and barely pressed out.

C37E2A0C-752C-4415-B556-497594A90D38.jpeg

They were definitely installed correctly before, but just be aware of the differences (especially if you order off Amazon). What a waste of good bearings to have to change these out.

• Wow
Reactions: FarFire70 and jjvw
Another trip to the BFH Garage and I’m finally on the rack!

Today we did the tie rod flip, gained 2” there. To finish up we checked my bumps and cycled everything (hopefully that will be in the BFH video) - tolerances are near perfect. One unfortunate thing is with my stock shock mounts my bumps are longer than I’d like - but should mean I’m ready for 35s when that time comes.

Here's the video (he updated the original post):

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tie-rod-flip-with-bmb-sway-bar-link-brackets.43707/#post-734709
EC34166A-321A-4FAD-9D10-31A872827A5E.jpeg

40C281BC-CD40-4F44-AC4F-B2BACF742A77.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like the PSI they use is arbitrary, mine was at 37psi. I can confirm that driving with 4.10s is possible, but not pleasant (and I haven't done any major hill climbs yet) - the regear to 5.13 next month will be fun to feel the difference.

Also, holy wheel weights batman.

F26AA520-82AA-44EF-9EED-0DE86637D945.jpeg

It seems like the PSI they use is arbitrary, mine was at 37psi. I can confirm that driving with 4.10s is possible, but not pleasant (and I haven't done any major hill climbs yet) - the regear to 5.13 next month will be fun to feel the difference.

View attachment 225435
I lost one whole strip of weights and didn't notice until I rotated tires and saw the old glue marks, I wasn't too concerned though cause I had no vibes and I still had two rows of double stacked weights left on that wheel. :LOL:

Reactions: Apparition
I lost one whole strip of weights and didn't notice until I rotated tires and saw the old glue marks, I wasn't too concerned though cause I had no vibes and I still had two rows of double stacked weights left on that wheel. :LOL:

I guess I didn't know what to expect beyond hearing how tough the MT/Rs are to balance, my MOABs just used the clips on style and only a couple! I expect to throw some of these just due to the wheel finish.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I had to remove a bunch when I added my BBK and never noticed a difference.

With my new tires/wheels I’m going to see how they run before taking them to get balanced.

I had to remove a bunch when I added my BBK and never noticed a difference.

With my new tires/wheels I’m going to see how they run before taking them to get balanced.
I feel that its important to be balanced as accurately as possible because I do believe it's part of the Death Wobble Quadrangle, it just amazes me that it took so much weight to balance it but a third had come off and there was no noticeable change.

I feel that its important to be balanced as accurately as possible because I do believe it's part of the Death Wobble Quadrangle, it just amazes me that it took so much weight to balance it but a third had come off and there was no noticeable change.
A guy on another forum mentioned it took 18 oz to balance one of his tire/wheels last week. Said it rides great now.

Reactions: DrDmoney

View attachment 225435
The tire guys were too lazy to break the bead and rotate each one 90 degrees at a time til the balancer asks for less weight ,sorry brother those are sweet tires though!

I'm fortunate and did my tires myself at work and had to break each one of my 5 tires and wheels down and rotate.

I am running poop black steelies and Mastercraft MT's though also. I was able to get each tire and wheel under 7 ounces of weight by rotating.