Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

carnage from carnage canyon, totally worth it. I’ll eventually get aluminum hi-lines so won’t worry too much about this, the MCEs did their job!

E8F44617-9D25-45F1-BB53-A7BD889D1D02.jpeg

After this opener I'm thinking more about midarms. I recognize what it does and how it can be valuable, but so far I haven't found myself needing to solve the problems it does. Time will tell, but that is lower on the list for the time being. If I do, I may just do one end at a time to try and solve the specific problem since it doesn't necessarily have to be symmetrical.

Armor is probably the next big thing, but I am going to give it another few trips (including TJ Fest) before locking anything in. I need to get in my raised body mounts and whenever my shocks ship get that sweet sweet 12" of travel in the rear.

Today was a blast, we had a great group out that was serious when they needed to be and snapped back to having a good time allowing trying out new lines.

05726146-629D-4374-B2FE-FA8CA1BAC802.jpeg

Thanks for the picture, @tworley . These new flares are nice. The minor improvement of removing the lip from the factory fenders + flares saved some annoying interference. I’m in love with these MTRs, I didn’t feel like I was wanting for grip other than once when I slid into a bad spot on the squeeze which was really an issue with hang ups.

After this opener I'm thinking more about midarms. I recognize what it does and how it can be valuable, but so far I haven't found myself needing to solve the problems it does. Time will tell, but that is lower on the list for the time being. If I do, I may just do one end at a time to try and solve the specific problem since it doesn't necessarily have to be symmetrical.

Armor is probably the next big thing, but I am going to give it another few trips (including TJ Fest) before locking anything in. I need to get in my raised body mounts and whenever my shocks ship get that sweet sweet 12" of travel in the rear.

Today was a blast, we had a great group out that was serious when they needed to be and snapped back to having a good time allowing trying out new lines.
I wish I prioritized armor sooner while mounting armor on a bent tub.

Reactions: rasband
I wish I prioritized armor sooner while mounting armor on a bent tub.
I’ve almost bought corner armor a dozen times, but until I figure out my rockers I can’t do anything there really. There may be a plan there soon... but I need to buy a good number of clamps first!

Reactions: jjvw
Something funny I’ve noticed about myself is I’ve prioritized big spends over little ones. My windshield phone mount falls off every trip and I’ve held onto that cheap piece of crap too long. Finally time to make a change.

I’ll mount this up before TJ fest.

View attachment 243310

Have you used them before? My son told me about them a few years ago and I ended up getting a couple. I love them and think they work great.

Have you used them before? My son told me about them a few years ago and I ended up getting a couple. I love them and think they work great.
I haven’t, but shaking it around it feels pretty strong! I just gotta stop putting the arm on the power button...

I haven’t, but shaking it around it feels pretty strong! I just gotta stop putting the arm on the power button...
Yeah, that can be a little tricky. Sometimes I get a little bounce if I’m using a long arm but can usually reposition it and rest the bottom of the phone on something and eliminate that.

Let us know how the ram mount works out, I just lost my steelie nite ize after several years of being on the dash (need one for my bike too). I bought some ram arms for the Baofeng and they seem to work really well, though some trail time will really tell how they work.