Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

quad lock makes some good stuff too. Just food for thought.
Was originally going to use a RAM mount but ended up with the Scosche magnetic phone mount (more convenient) and haven't had an issue with it when wheeling.
I mostly don't like either having to use a specific case or attach something. They do look like nice options though, wireless charging would be pretty convenient (but since I have carplay and it's not wireless - I plug in regardless).

Reactions: Vasq and Tldelaney
I mostly don't like either having to use a specific case or attach something. They do look like nice options though, wireless charging would be pretty convenient (but since I have carplay and it's not wireless - I plug in regardless).
I totally get that. I have a ram mount i'll probably use on the passenger side for her. The ram is a really nice universal. I got the quad lock as a gift mainly for the bicycle, but i ended up loving it.

Reactions: rasband
One downside of the tuffy center console is how much heat it radiates vs plastic. I’m considering shielding the underside of it to see how much that mitigates.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I attempted to install a safety thimble today, but found my cheap synthetic had an outer sleeve over the line. Once I took that off I found how low quality the interior was, so I mostly just wrapped it up quick and went to order a TRE.

This will be replaced this week, if it arrives in time for Moab.

DC3365A1-2924-4873-93D0-139B965BFDA8.jpeg555EF4F4-9702-4FEF-8A37-E60A5A109E70.jpeg

I’m legal again with blinkers. I’m not sure if this was the right way, but I knew I wanted them to be even with the headlight edge on one of the sides (leaning toward the inside because I don’t love how JKs look with them on the outside).

I started on one side and got it where I thought it would look good and emulated that on the other side as best I could. They’re a tiny bit off. But not enough to matter or be noticeable unless you’re looking.

72864E7A-5164-4044-A736-5449D2E5F239.jpeg

3F8EBC86-9659-4789-8D9F-6A3F7369892B.jpeg

DE470DBB-2265-460A-BB69-A0200B41A038.jpeg

C751BF2C-313B-4A97-B2E6-037EC7B7C49D.jpeg

Having mine otherwise very similar will help me understand those differences more thoroughly, I believe.
You should be noticing that corners feel different. But straight line driving has not changed much. Compared to the Antirock, the stiffer Swayloc in street mode helps with the body roll during a turn. The shocks do that too. But if the shocks were tuned to mitigate the body roll to the extent that a stiff sway bar does, the normal straight line driving would suffer. The work of controlling the various types of movements is being divied up between the shocks and sway bar. A shock that isn't being asked (tuned) to control body roll can be more focused on other aspects of controlling the movements.

Yep, thats why. Mine tangled/bunched easily the first time I spooled in. removed it a couple of days later

Unfortunately I've found my winch doesn't spool out with the controller consistently anymore (and finally today - at all). I am going to use this as an opportunity to refurbish the winch with new paint, solenoids, and grease. I may flip it for an M-8000 since I've been wanting a smaller winch anyway. An added bonus is that I can finally add the in-cab control I've always meant to add. I'll probably make a how-to for anyone in the future with a 9.5ti.

This will be a post Moab project since a replacement (nor parts for this one + time to do it) would get here in time anyway.