Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

That there is amateur hour. This is how a pro does it:
View attachment 265447
Hmmm…
I’m on my second set of COOPER STT PRO 33-12.5-15 on steelies and never needed a single oz of balancing weights !!!
Front 20 psi
Rear 25 psi
Rotate wheels every 5000 km
Wheeling at 10-12 psi

Ps:
as for Hwy driving ,
90km/h / 55mph, that’s it for me traveling in a WRANGLER (IMHO)

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

They did want to cite that as the main issue...

My last few times I've gone for a balance I've stated "I've been in here three times now. Take your time, rotate the wheel if you have to, I am in no hurry".

The guys response was "I mean, if the tech wants to do it for free he can dismount it, this is just what happens with this big a tire, it's normal."

Unacceptable. My last set balanced each time. They're just being lazy with this new set. I finally used a discount near both of us that got them to balance. The centramatics take out anything else.

Reactions: Tldelaney
My last few times I've gone for a balance I've stated "I've been in here three times now. Take your time, rotate the wheel if you have to, I am in no hurry".

The guys response was "I mean, if the tech wants to do it for free he can dismount it, this is just what happens with this big a tire, it's normal."

Unacceptable. My last set balanced each time. They're just being lazy with this new set. I finally used a discount near both of us that got them to balance. The centramatics take out anything else.
We bought the lifetime balance and rotation. And the tech is getting paid for his time to provide the service Discount sold to us.

Reactions: tworley
I had trouble with my MTR’s, three balances at two different shops and never got rid of a shimmy at 40-46mph. Tried balance beads, which turned out to be a waste of time. Changed tires, went to Cooper STT Pros, all good, smooth as glass. 🤷‍♂️ Now I’m having shimmy with the Maxxis Razr’s. Already went in for one rebalance, going again.

It’s absolutely unacceptable - the guy when I said it was rubbing my caliper just eye balled a bunch more weight inside…

We bought the lifetime balance and rotation. And the tech is getting paid for his time to provide the service Discount sold to us.
^^ 💯
@rasband did you get an email to review your crawlteks?
Not that I’ve seen yet, what’s it say?

My rig weights 4240lb according to the truck scale, ~2160 on the rear axle.

I was supposed to be backpacking this weekend but that had to be canceled due to a forest fire where we were going to go. It’s kind of a good thing since I have some work to do on my side business and I need a break from the main gig. Since the time was already set aside I got out for a few hours up Red Cone and Radical Hill.
E3401469-0369-4A06-ADBD-0C25FAF15505.jpeg
26B076E0-057B-4B80-965B-D1B8CBD94D8B.jpeg
8B97453E-50AC-4854-892C-60CD4C0FECE2.jpeg
6B38CBC5-3CF9-47FC-AA4D-B16CE63580A0.jpeg
7D9273E8-3B83-4687-89E7-6215AEEAF48A.jpeg

To no one’s surprise the wheel weights didn’t last very long, so I had a nice shaky drive back home.

image.jpg

I was supposed to be backpacking this weekend but that had to be canceled due to a forest fire where we were going to go. It’s kind of a good thing since I have some work to do on my side business and I need a break from the main gig. Since the time was already set aside I got out for a few hours up Red Cone and Radical Hill.View attachment 265518View attachment 265519View attachment 265520View attachment 265521View attachment 265522

To no one’s surprise the wheel weights didn’t last very long, so I had a nice shaky drive back home.

View attachment 265525
These are incredible pictures my friend. Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Reactions: rasband

I was supposed to be backpacking this weekend but that had to be canceled due to a forest fire where we were going to go. It’s kind of a good thing since I have some work to do on my side business and I need a break from the main gig. Since the time was already set aside I got out for a few hours up Red Cone and Radical Hill.View attachment 265518View attachment 265519View attachment 265520View attachment 265521View attachment 265522

View attachment 265525
Beautious!

(Ah, the scenery, not the failed balance weights.... 😬)

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
the wheel the stuck 20oz to?
Actually no, that was the spare they rotated in because of the “defective tire”. I’ll see more Road time tomorrow but the same loop I’ve tested each change on was 👌.

I’ll get to that wheel tomorrow or later this week, I wanted to deal with the problem child first to restore trust in my local DT.

Reactions: someguysjeep