Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

Hows the AR feel on the road to you?

I put it on the second hole from the back, so far I really enjoy it. The changes are fairly subtle - but I also haven't been on it a ton yet with the other work I had going on. Hopefully I can get some drive time over the weekend without recking my fenders due to the rod length.

Reactions: Alex01
If you are talking about the second to the very end that is where mine is too. I put it there, haven't had any issues and haven't moved it. Seems to flex out fine and drive well on the road. Someday if I get really bored I might move it to the last hole and see how it feels.

If anything, go stiffer. The shock travel won't be restricted.

Yeah, back of the rig (I guess closest to the springs) :) Describing that is a big funky.

Once I get some good offroad time on it I'll probably have more to say about it.

So far, I am really liking how this is driving after the latest rounds of changes. The steering feels pretty tight, tracking is good, and the Rancho 5000x seem to have a better small bump compliance than the garbage that was on there. All in all I can't praise the stock ride over this.

Man, I am getting anxious to get 33s - but going to punt on that until the Spring unless the winter shows me I need them sooner.

You had to file the bumper down so it would clear the anti rock? Is that how I am reading that?

You had to file the bumper down so it would clear the anti rock? Is that how I am reading that?

Thankfully no, just the plastic on the AR frame inserts

image.jpg

Reactions: tworley
The cut outs surrounding the AR bushings are a bit snug. With some effort, I was able to lever mine into place using the holes in the bumper face.

I couldn't find any reason filing them down would be inherently bad, as long as there is still a lip around it. Are you aware of any reasons this may bite me?

I couldn't find any reason filing them down would be inherently bad, as long as there is still a lip around it. Are you aware of any reasons this may bite me?
It's probably fine. Filing would have made my install easier. :)

Reactions: rasband
I didnt realize the AR came with new end caps. Mine is just a regular washer.

From what I have seen in pictures they have at least two different generations of that end cap.

Stu's looks like this (which is probably the same washer you have):

anti-6.jpg

Reactions: tworley and jjvw
A while back I heard a funky sound one day and found the circled diff breaker having a wild time, looking again at these pictures reminded me I need to find a new cap. I think the OEM location was where the arb wiring is now, but forgot to circle back to find a new cap for that.

diff-breather.jpeg

The first part of the steering refresh arrived (just the damper to kill my DW - just kidding)! Unfortunately the rest won’t be here with enough time for me to get to it all by this weekend for the Holy Cross trip, but I may at least get the new Rancho damper on there since the old one is pretty wrecked. It probably won’t matter too much, but I like shiny things.

... back to the painting booth

8595F7FC-F964-4243-8CFA-DB5DF235827F.jpeg

C82E89A8-B0D7-4EE5-9B66-8C0CE412416D.jpeg