Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

Done, and running cooler than before on a 99* day.

PXL_20220710_195329345.jpg

One thing important to remember is we all make mistakes. I was getting an occasional squeal with the belt. After some inspection I noticed some new marks on my idler pulley. Do'oh! I didn't torque it and just made it good'n'tight... and that was way over torqued. Fixed that to the 35ftlb and haven't heard anything else squealing yet.

TL;DR - Torque things, don't be afraid to go back and assume you did something wrong.

Well, I thought I was done. I'll try tightening the bolts a touch first since the mating surfaces were clean. I don't see any noticable dip in the coolant level - but worst case is I get a better view next week with the auto swap.

PXL_20220713_234317354.jpg

Well, I thought I was done. I'll try tightening the bolts a touch first since the mating surfaces were clean. I don't see any noticable dip in the coolant level - but worst case is I get a better view next week with the auto swap.

View attachment 342827

Is that next week already? I need to get my shit together.... Worst case, you guys carry my Jeep off the lift and throw it in the yard...

• Haha
Reactions: tworley and rasband
Is that next week already? I need to get my shit together.... Worst case, you guys carry my Jeep off the lift and throw it in the yard...

Fortunately I don't think we need the lift too much, we will need to get in and out of the engine compartment a bit.

It's going to be fun!

Reactions: jjvw
  • Haha
Reactions: tworley and rasband