Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

I thought you might be checking out my box….
If you want to take a look at it I’m home this weekend.

Good luck finding any place with that particular Packout in stock. I’ve been looking for a while. The measurements online are ok, but it’s nice to put hands on prior to spending $$
What box is this?

Did you need a DC driveshaft for your 4"? I'm in between a 2.5" and 4.0" lift, and the extra cost of the driveshaft + install was keeping me from going 4.0".

I've heard the longer LJ wheelbase can get away with it though.

Did you need a DC driveshaft for your 4"? I'm in between a 2.5" and 4.0" lift, and the extra cost of the driveshaft + install was keeping me from going 4.0".

I've heard the longer LJ wheelbase can get away with it though.
I believe I did, yes. I did a tuck with my 2" lift which should be about the same as a 4" lift, then I extended the shaft when I bumped up to 4" springs.

I didn't need a front one though until mine was just mostly worn out.

Great looking LJ. Im slightly behind you but am really looking at either an outboard or highline next winter so I have been following pretty close. I am really interested to hear the difference between your current foxes and the new ones. I work up in the tech center and would love to check your jeep out sometime. Shoot me a pm if that's cool!

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
The Airbox location was bound to be temporary, it took up way too much usable space. While I don't have anything planned for there right now, I figured I should just bite the bullet.

PXL_20211203_201053409.jpg

But seriously, if it’s like mine and that lower die is that 3” piece of angle, get yourself some short pieces of 2 1/2”, 2”, 1 1/2”, and 1” angle to nest in there like this:

image.jpg

You can make much tighter and cleaner bends using these as the dies. You just have to round over the outer angle edge to make them nest correctly.

Huge improvement to that beast.

But seriously, if it’s like mine and that lower die is that 3” piece of angle, get yourself some short pieces of 2 1/2”, 2”, 1 1/2”, and 1” angle to nest in there like this:

View attachment 294712

You can make much tighter and cleaner bends using these as the dies. You just have to round over the outer angle edge to make them nest correctly.

Huge improvement to that beast.
Your weld is so much prettier than mine. Great tips too, I saw those somewhere earlier (might have even been your thread!)!

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleTJ