Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

It seems dramatic, but trying to get the pilot bushing out of the crank was by far the worst part of doing my swap. It took me a good half hour with the slide hammer. Watching that sucker finally break lose was almost as satisfying the results of the swap itself.

I noticed some NVH driving home that first night but since it was raining I gave it a better shakedown today. They're still there. The transmissions are the same length but different heights which I presumed were covered by the different mounts.

However I was under it to wrap up some other work and spotted the space that didn't used to be there. These were clearance spots with the tummy tuck a few years back.

PXL_20220726_043022695~2.jpg

From a quick look the pinion looks a little bit high.
PXL_20220726_042925031.jpg

I'll play with it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun
I love this. 15.8 miles one way is no joke in a day! Did you camp overnight?

That was round trip, the plan was to backpack before some buddies had their gear all soaked in a pretty massive storm. So I backpacked 4 miles to camp to meet them, day packed to the lake and back to camp, then 4 miles out. The hike to the lake and back was pretty tough for a big guy like me.

We would have stayed over night (and most of them did the night before, I just had family obligations that kept me from joining on night 1), but after the rain storm one of the tents had about 2" water inside it! Needless to say, he is getting something new. I hadn't even set up yet, so I'm left questioning how my gear would have weathered it 😞.