Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

The headlights are a separate concern (not really any at all) - so don't worry about them (that is unless you do the halo style with the blinker integrated). If you stick with halogen tails, you should be fine, or halogen fronts with LED tails - the issue seems to be when you go all 4 to LEDs. From what I understand you could add a resister in-line to up the resistance as another option.

I'm happy with my JK turn signals, it looks more CJ-ish.
Do you know the diameter of the JK lights? What size hole saw did you use?

It isn't 3.25" 😂
200.gif

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
don't crash
Didn’t die, yet. Really out of balance, I’ll toss the centramatics on to really test how they do.

Can’t wait to test the BBK more, but could already feel the improvement toward the end of the first break in run.

Two little bits of info that came out today in our discussions that one or both of us didn’t know and learned:

1. JJ balls have a small line around the collar of one of the two sides. This signifies the side that should be facing the snap ring. This is to note the side that’s marginally longer to account for the snap ring added on that side. It’s slight, but measurable at 1/16” on a 2.5” JJ.
2. The BBK might include two different brake pad vibration mitigating braces that rest in the caliper saddle. The one with a lesser lip once installed is the one to use. The other folds easily with snow/ice/debris/discount not paying attention. My better of the two was in the brake pad box, the one that wasn’t ideal was in the caliper box.

I’m legal again with blinkers. I’m not sure if this was the right way, but I knew I wanted them to be even with the headlight edge on one of the sides (leaning toward the inside because I don’t love how JKs look with them on the outside).

I started on one side and got it where I thought it would look good and emulated that on the other side as best I could. They’re a tiny bit off. But not enough to matter or be noticeable unless you’re looking.

View attachment 244590
View attachment 244591
View attachment 244593
View attachment 244592
Did you make any notches in the cutout after you made your holes, or did you just push them in from the outside and they fit snug? Just got JK lights in the mail, and going to tackle this sometime this week. Thanks for the tip on the 3 1/8 hole saw too!

Since I'm not going LED, do know how I could tie the 2 wire LED's in to the previous side markers and just have them operate like parking lights/markers and not flash? I'm thinking if it's easy enough with the existing wiring, I may just do that.

Thanks again for all the help!

Did you make any notches in the cutout after you made your holes, or did you just push them in from the outside and they fit snug? Just got JK lights in the mail, and going to tackle this sometime this week. Thanks for the tip on the 3 1/8 hole saw too!

Since I'm not going LED, do know how I could tie the 2 wire LED's in to the previous side markers and just have them operate like parking lights/markers and not flash? I'm thinking if it's easy enough with the existing wiring, I may just do that.

Thanks again for all the help!
I did the notches and would recommend it. Later you will thank current you when servicing them.

I’ve not gotten into the markers enough yet, but I think that would work. If you Find out please share back, I’ll be working on that eventually.

I did the notches and would recommend it. Later you will thank current you when servicing them.

I’ve not gotten into the markers enough yet, but I think that would work. If you Find out please share back, I’ll be working on that eventually.
Thanks bud! Do you have a pic of where and how big you notched them?

I had to remove most of the wheel weights on my front wheels due to the 16” BBK on 15” wheels. So I scribed out where discount can’t put weights.

15701E0D-8943-4317-A88D-77CE6A3AF5B1.jpeg

I forgot the centramatics when I ran over to the BFH Garage, and noticed a nice shimmy on the way home. After putting them back in the shimmy was greatly reduced (almost fully gone) - but I need a rotate/balance anyway.