Roll cages

JWjeepSask

TJ Enthusiast
I'm wondering if the diameter of a jeep TJ and a jeep JK factory roll cage are the same or different. If somebody knows the diameters of both that would also help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tj sport bars are 2.25". Everything but the bars going to the windshield, which are smaller. I can't remember those off the top of my head but can get you a measurement if you need

I'm more looking for the size of the bar connecting to the windshield. If you could get me a actual number that would be great. Now hopefully somebody's knows a JKs size.

So did anybody ever find the diameter of a JK windshield connected bar?

It doesn't appear to be the case. They are "Sport Bars", not roll bars so I wouldn't think they would beef it up just for the JK's.

I wonder if with the padding on they are still the same? I don't see why they would change the padding thickness if the bars are the same.

Reactions: StG58
The padding is significantly thicker on the JK, and not symmetrical around the bar. I thought it was strange the first time I noticed it.

I don't mean to be a pain but can you calliper the JK bar with the padding? No hurry whenever you have time.

Reactions: StG58