Texas Roll Call

At least your house is still there. Good idea on pulling the carpet. If you have power, I would try and get it as dry as you can in there and air it out over the next few days.

I'm no expert at water damage, but you may be able to minimize some of the impact. At least you and your family are still alive, that's all that matters!

Reactions: LTTJ and tman66
Thank you. We have it better than most. Our neighbors are awesome.
I'm so sorry to hear everything you are going through. I can't imagine ! You are right that you have the important things. And good neighbors are great to have! If there's anything I can do to help from across the country , I'm here!

Reactions: tman66
Damn @CRGR, that's crazy just looking at those photos. It barely even looks like neighborhoods anymore, it looks like a river!

You my friend are a true badass! Thanks for showing them what it means to be an American and helping out the people in need. Bravo... Bravo!
No hero or badass here. that's just what we do for our fellow man. there have been so many stories like this. there are shelters that are litterally turning people away because they have too many volunteers that want to help those in need. THAT is America - not the crap you see on the news making it look like there is so much division between race, financial/social status, etc. in this country. rant over.

I agree! The news only focuses on the bad. They make it appear as if the country is going to hell, when it's not.

Reactions: LTTJ
View attachment 21312 View attachment 21312 View attachment 21313 View attachment 21314 View attachment 21312 View attachment 21313 View attachment 21314 i took the boat and picked up over 100 people from just one neighborhood in Spring (about 25 miles north of Houston). Lot's of people need lots of prayers. we literally launched the boat from the middle of the street. we were there about 11 hours and the waters rose about 4 feet while we were there. When it got too dark to safely operate, the water was rushing very strong and the boat trailer had to be backed way down - too far for me to go without stalling out. There was a guy with a 2 door JK that was running 40's - yes 40's that hooked the trailer up, backed down, and loaded me up. Jeeps are a serious tool! Too many to count have been deployed to take people to safety. i know you've seen a ton of pics on tv - these are of the major N/S freeway from Dallas to Houston - I-45. The depth finder was showing 8 feet as i was going down the feeder road along the highway. Crazy

Nice work man. But I have to ask, I've been wondering all week. How are you boaters getting gas?

The gas surge is on in TX. Tanks are drying up everywhere in our town. Prices are rising quick. Yesterday $2.05...this afternoon 2.39...this evening 2.49. We just made a run to town to fill up. The places that had gas still had lines.

My parents are in the DFW metroplex right now. They've seen prices as high as 2.79. Usually Dallas is lower than we are, so I imagine they were seeing prices in the 1.9X range yesterday or the day before.

Reactions: Chris and LTTJ
The gas surge is on in TX. Tanks are drying up everywhere in our town. Prices are rising quick. Yesterday $2.05...this afternoon 2.39...this evening 2.49. We just made a run to town to fill up. The places that had gas still had lines.

My parents are in the DFW metroplex right now. They've seen prices as high as 2.79. Usually Dallas is lower than we are, so I imagine they were seeing prices in the 1.9X range yesterday or the day before.

I paid $2.19 in Dallas on Saturday and then $2.49 yesterday morning for regular before everyone started freaking out. This morning, premium gas was all QT by me had and it was $2.79.

My work sent out an email with a list of stations that still have gas, and for the most part it is only premium gas. The QT I stop at regularly to get a cup of coffee told me that they are really struggling because the pumps are not designed to run full tilt for hours on end like this, so it's causing the pumps to fuel very slowly and people are being crazy about it.

I remembered this happening after hurricane Ike in 2008, so my husband and I have been keeping an eye on it since Friday and ensuring we have full tanks. We have actually had one gas and one diesel vehicle since 2011 for this type of reason.

I'm a little confused about what is actually going on. I read that Houston accounts for like 20% of the nation's fuel refining, but the Texas Rail Road Commissioner said we have no problem with supply. Is it just panic, supply problems, or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother, a sense of humor is all I have left.

The house is gutted and I'm pretty depressed about the road ahead of me.

Hey man, I know it really sucks, but that you'll get through this! Keep us up to date on progress and you know you aren't alone. Everyone I know who works in insurance is expecting to be in Houston for the next six months, so I hope claims are processed quickly and fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tman66
I'm curious to see if the gas prices will start rising like crazy around here (Oregon) as well.

We found a window!!
20170831_175801-X2.jpg

Finally able to get to our house. Still not able to get back in it. We got lucky this time, no water in the house just garage. There is power in the neighborhood but won't be turning mine on for another day or two
20170901_104239-720x1280.jpg

Thank God for a pier and beam house 3 feet off the ground

Finally able to get to our house. Still not able to get back in it. We got lucky this time, no water in the house just garage. There is power in the neighborhood but won't be turning mine on for another day or twoView attachment 21394
Thank God for a pier and beam house 3 feet off the ground
Wow! Crazy how no water in your home. So happy for you. In WI most homes have basements which in this case would have been a bad thing. Good luck on your path back to normalcy.

Reactions: Kevin E