Texas Roll Call

And so it starts:
20170902_161101-X2.jpg

I was told that Cypress was hit bad. My uncles house, where I used to live, off Spring Cypress, was flooded too.

I'll be helping them out with any repairs needed - but if you need help too, just let me know. I'm always willing to get up and help someone out.

And - so local churches may be a better bet to contact and ask what is needed the most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58 and tman66
I just might take you up on some help later on.

As far as the churches, they have a direct result in the neighborhoods they are serving and any help would do good. I'll post up later the churches working in our area in a bit.

http://www.cypressunited.org/events/give-hurricane-harvey

This is the church that has been active in our neighborhood. They put the sink in for us and sawed up a fallen tree. They have also been coming by with food and water for us and many others.

You don't starve in our 'hood. That's for sure. :lol:

Just let me know man!
I just might take you up on some help later on.

As far as the churches, they have a direct result in the neighborhoods they are serving and any help would do good. I'll post up later the churches working in our area in a bit.

Just let me know! I work monday through friday but I can always help after work or on the weekends.

Reactions: tman66 and StG58
Just checking in. How are y'all Texans doing?

In Houston, a lot of houses and cars got flooded. A section of concrete from one of our biggest tollways "floated" up and out of the ground 2 feet. But that got fixed last week, and a lot of roads are now re-opened.

When I was at a displaced persons shelter two weeks ago, there wasn't a whole lot of people left there, when compared to what I was told was originally about 5,000 people.

On the coast, when I was in Aransas Pass, all the HEB's near us were open and a lot of Walmarts were open.

Everything currently seems peachy!

Reactions: tman66 and JMT
In Houston, a lot of houses and cars got flooded. A section of concrete from one of our biggest tollways "floated" up and out of the ground 2 feet. But that got fixed last week, and a lot of roads are now re-opened.

When I was at a displaced persons shelter two weeks ago, there wasn't a whole lot of people left there, when compared to what I was told was originally about 5,000 people.

On the coast, when I was in Aransas Pass, all the HEB's near us were open and a lot of Walmarts were open.

Everything currently seems peachy!
I saw about 150 flat beds with a flooded car on top and towing a car heading north on Hwy 6 yesterday. I'm sure there were more doing 45N. Buyer beware on used cars up north.

I saw about 150 flat beds with a flooded car on top and towing a car heading north on Hwy 6 yesterday. I'm sure there were more doing 45N. Buyer beware on used cars up north.

I'm curious if they are insurance claims and are being totaled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tman66