Rolled it over today and nearly died doing it. Need your help

Did you see if it still runs? I would and just drive it out if you could. Good to hear you are alright

I think it might, even though gas was leaking... The rear driver side tire and rim are gone, but the spare can be put on. The problem is that I am afraid! honestly, I am not easily frightened but this experience left its mark. I don't think I will be attempting driving it myself.

Sorry for that bad roll @Tigerman, at least you're ok and there's help available at no charge. There's a SoCal recovery group on Facebook for things like this this called SoCal Off-road Recovery SOS. It's a casual group of volunteers that lives solely to go out to help retrieve stuck or rolled vehicles.

Log onto FB, do a search for that group and then post a Pin with your information into it. You'll soon start getting responses from those who can help.

They will need an exact GPS location which they prefer as a Pin plus your phone number.
I found them too Jerry, just asked the wife to contact them since I simply do not use Facebook. Let me see where I get with this.

Sorry for that bad roll @Tigerman, at least you're ok and there's help available at no charge. There's a SoCal recovery group on Facebook for things like this this called SoCal Off-road Recovery SOS. It's a casual group of volunteers that lives solely to go out to help retrieve stuck or rolled vehicles.

Log onto FB, do a search for that group and then post a Pin with your information into it. You'll soon start getting responses from those who can help.

They will need an exact GPS location which they prefer as a Pin plus your phone number.

There is lots of great people in those recovery groups, there’s one for NorCal too and I’ve seen people drive 2-3 hours to help another off-roader out.

WOW! You're lucky you didn't roll right off the edge of one of those mountains there. You probably would have kept rolling and been seriously injured. I could definitely see how this would leave you shaken.

Reactions: Tigerman

I just asked the wife to contact them on FB, I do not use it myself. Hoping to hear from them.

WOW! You're lucky you didn't roll right off the edge of one of those mountains there. You probably would have kept rolling and been seriously injured. I could definitely see how this would leave you shaken.

Let me just say, I counted 6 rotations and had enough time to say goodbye to everyone. The seat belt and the fact that I braced myself by holding tight to the handle on the passenger side saved my life.

Make sure to give her your Pin information/Lat-Lon, phone #, your above photos, etc. to post. That group gets rather testy if sufficient information isn't put into the first post.

Thank you very much Jerry. She said it was a closed group and she filled out a request to join. I guess once it is approved we will post all the info with pictures and stuff.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Glad you are ok. If it's any consolation, at least you will have an interesting future story to tell from the event.

"Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway." - The Hobbit

Reactions: Zukey14
Glad you’re OK dude. I wheeled alone once and got lucky to get out of a jam. Scary stuff. ! Great to see all the caring advice from the folks on this forum. Hope you can get your TJ out safely and soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are ok. Is this covered by insurance? I assume no since you were driving off the grid in some trails. It was a similar deal when I was looking into tracking.

There is currently an active recovery plan in progress and he will likely be recovered today several people are on their way there. Several have spoken with tiger.
In case anyone was wondering why the closed group, it is to prevent the public from snagging the coordinates and borrowing shit off the rig before the recovery crew can get there.

Now think where Tiger would be if it wasn't for this forum. I'm sure he would still get his TJ, but in what time frame and what condition?
Kudos to @Chris for starting and maintaining this forum, also to @Jerry Bransford and @mrblaine and anyone else that had their hand on this one. You guys are more appreciated that what you know!

That's scary! Glad you were able to walk it after that and call for help. Could have been much worse!

I rolled mine once as well and that was the last time I went wheeling alone.