Rollover video at Rausch Creek (PA)

Kevin Q

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Check out this video of a roll over at Rausch Creek in PA. The roll is after the 3:10 mark. This was part of a guided trail ride. Unfortunately the driver went too close to the ledge due to sun glare and the ground gave out. Nobody was hurt.

Last edited:
that happened so quickly, it's wild. And that was on a blue trail, huh?

As an aside, was this a club? Or an organized run with a hired trail guide? Or just some buddies that got together?

It's been a long time since I've been to Rausch, and I've never gone in my TJ. But I'd like to figure out how to hook up with something like this (as long as it matches with my green skill level)

@PhillyJake...I think it was a Blue. It was an Offroad training company leading a ride. The video poster says they did some of the badge trails so I'm not sure if this was their guided trail ride or if it was their 301 class. I can say from being at Rausch a few weeks ago, the snow and rain has dug out some deep cuts.

Yikes, that sucks. Glad they're alright.

If don't have a spotter & I'm going through something tight & sketchy like that I'm in and out of my TJ constantly making sure I have a good line & that it's stable. We don't get a lot of rain out here in UT, but the spring typically brings the snowmelt and stuff can get soggy like that.

I know the exact spot where that happened, I've often looked down into that pit & wondered if I'd slip into it not paying attention, always stay to the right when rolling by there, coming from the other direction it could sneak up on you.

It's hard to see what happened from the video, how do you know the ground gave out? Not saying it didn't, but that wouldn't be necessary to drop into that hole, or a bunch of others like it at Rausch if you get too close... definitely gotta watch where you're going

Reactions: JMT
@Westtown Willy Kyle from ORC wrote that the driver was too close to the edge and it gave out a bit. It was frozen in the morning then warmed up to 45. The top could have gotten shifty as I experienced a few weeks back. I think that's the spot where a guy (Insta) S.S. Tuna drove down the drop off on purpose. Crazy video.

When the weather is better this is a reason I put my windshield down. Between dealing with dust and glare dropping the windshield helps a lot.

Glad no one was hurt. I really enjoyed the comments of the people in the rig filming.

That was a pretty violent rollover. Glad the driver is ok. I agree, If im
By myself with no spotter, I’ll hop out and take a look at where im at if I’m uncomfortable