Roof rack for roof tent for 2 adults that fits with a snorkel?

Denis92

Firstly hello fellow Jeepers....

I'm looking for a roof rack to hold my roof tent, that would hold 2 adults, i have a snorkel on and i don't wanna take it off, since it's in use sometimes ( rarely). Anyone has any ideas what to look for, or any ideas how to make one on my own. Any advice would be great.

Have a nice day

dbbd1

go away...
Supporting Member
Is it possible to make an adapter which would allow you to take the snorkel off quickly, while using the tent.

A picture may help.

Artsifrtsi

These are pricey, but will hold 800lbs static, and 300 on road. You would need to probably modify the mount for your snorkel to fit any rack for a soft-top Jeep. If you have a hardtop, you could do some internal bracing (running from top mounting points to either the roll cage or body) and attach the tent directly to the top/bracing.

Reactions: JMT
OP
Denis92

Denis92

I have soft top and hard top.... I have rugged ridge sidestep, thinking to make my own rack, since shipping to Europe can be pretty expensive.

Vinman

TJ Enthusiast
I have a Garvin roof rack and an ARB snorkel on my TJ Unlimited. I trimmed the snorkel down so the head of it is slightly lower than the top of the windshield frame . I don’t have a RTT but one could easily fit if desired.

Reactions: JMT