Roof Top Tents

I am working on a deal buying a trailer that has one that is a XL on the top of a utility trailer. I will post pics if I can work the deal, but I believe the XL model has enough room for the ladder to go in the inside of the annex. i think the non xl doesn't but people are creating slits to leave the ladder on the outside.

I am pretty excited about it. I appreciate your review. I should know this week if I get mine.
Good luck!

Good luck!
Thanks, ya it is getting harder and harder to deal on Craigslist. People are all so afraid of getting scammed. He will only deal with me over email, but I can tell he doesn't check it that much, and I think he is afraid to give me his address, but at some point if he really wants to sell it, he is going to have to give up some sort of privacy.

At this point, I don't care if I give him my address, and he can haul it here for me to look at if it makes him feel better, but I really want to see it before I buy it. I want to make sure my 700 Raptor will fit in it before I shell out the money.

It is a 4x9 box with a overhead XL RTT connected to it with an annex and awning. It will haul a quad. and can be towed behind my TJ. Perfect for overnighters as well as good camping pics for the forum haha.

Reactions: John E Lane
Thanks, ya it is getting harder and harder to deal on Craigslist. People are all so afraid of getting scammed. He will only deal with me over email, but I can tell he doesn't check it that much, and I think he is afraid to give me his address, but at some point if he really wants to sell it, he is going to have to give up some sort of privacy.

At this point, I don't care if I give him my address, and he can haul it here for me to look at if it makes him feel better, but I really want to see it before I buy it. I want to make sure my 700 Raptor will fit in it before I shell out the money.

It is a 4x9 box with a overhead XL RTT connected to it with an annex and awning. It will haul a quad. and can be towed behind my TJ. Perfect for overnighters as well as good camping pics for the forum haha.
Your 700 Raptor as in ATV? I have a Yamaha Grizzly 450 and 4' wide is just wide enough for it to fit in. How wide is your Raptor?

Have him meet you in the parking lot of a police station. That's what I do for Craig'slist people. If the are on the up and up, makes them feel a lot better. If they don't want to meet you there, then YOU probably don't want to meet them. I've had two guys that didn't want to meet at the local CHP parking lot. I said no deal then. Good for buying or selling for both parties to meet there.

Have him meet you in the parking lot of a police station. That's what I do for Craig'slist people. If the are on the up and up, makes them feel a lot better. If they don't want to meet you there, then YOU probably don't want to meet them. I've had two guys that didn't want to meet at the local CHP parking lot. I said no deal then. Good for buying or selling for both parties to meet there.
That is good advice!

That's what I did. No big deal. Just a minor annoyance. The XL is huge. You'll love it. I would've gotten that one if it fit on the TJ or if my trailer was finished.

So I got to play with it this weekend, in my back yard. I haven't actually taken it out yet, and it might be a couple of weeks but I loaded the trailer down and set up the tent to get a feel for it. It is pretty fun.

IMG-0122.JPG
IMG-0125.JPG

So I got to play with it this weekend, in my back yard. I haven't actually taken it out yet, and it might be a couple of weeks but I loaded the trailer down and set up the tent to get a feel for it. It is pretty fun.

View attachment 31923 View attachment 31924
:worship2: I love that set up...plenty of room for sleeping and the toys as well..Congratulation sir!!

Reactions: John E Lane
:worship2: I love that set up...plenty of room for sleeping and the toys as well..Congratulation sir!!

Thank you! That is what I was shooting for. I actually already have a toy hauler that I converted out of a cargo trailer, but it is much too heavy to pull with the TJ, and a huge pain to get in and out of my back yard. i wanted something I could just back up to and take of for an over-nighter if I am going by myself. There is too much preparation when taking the toy hauler. If I am running out by myself this is much easier and needs little to no planning. And it is a new toy. "He who dies with the most toys, wins!" right?

Thank you! That is what I was shooting for. I actually already have a toy hauler that I converted out of a cargo trailer, but it is much too heavy to pull with the TJ, and a huge pain to get in and out of my back yard. i wanted something I could just back up to and take of for an over-nighter if I am going by myself. There is too much preparation when taking the toy hauler. If I am running out by myself this is much easier and needs little to no planning. And it is a new toy. "He who dies with the most toys, wins!" right?
Right !!

Reactions: ac_
Wow! All the sides fold down on the trailer. The options of the build are endless. Let us know how the mig cart handles. I have been looking at buying the same cart.