Rotopax mounted to spare

S1.

Had a 3 gal. Rotopax lying in the garage after selling my Dualsport Kawasaki that it used to be mounted to, so I thought I'd put to use on the Jeep. Never know when it might come in handy and I enjoy fabing up things. Found two short pieces pipe, one fit nice inside the other, a piece of flat bar stock, and a pin. This project didn't cost me a dime. Just a little time.

image2%204_zpstnfsvmeu.jpg

image1%205_zpsuomrelw8.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I sure hope your spare tire carrier is up to all that, that's a big tire and that Rotopax adds a lot more leverage against its mount. Especially when you're on a bumpy road and it is all bouncing together flexing the spare tire mount and carrier.

I always recommend against place any kind of a gas container on the rear side of the spare tire carrier for that reason, the extra leverage it imparts, plus in case someone runs into from the rear and sprays gasoline everywhere. :eek:

That looks like a nice and clean solution, I like it!

I get what Jerry is saying from a safety standpoint, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just make sure your spare tire carrier can handle the extra weight!

Very nice solution though, and it didn't cost you a dime!