Rotors

Yup, entire front rebuild. Add in a pair of YJ front brake hoses and you are good to go.

Are the YJ hoses bigger to deliver more fluid?

Just curious why those would be needed... I’m sure I can find them even Quadratec lol but I’ll likely find someone here. Nick or Mr Blaine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Are the YJ hoses bigger to deliver more fluid?

Just curious why those would be needed... I’m sure I can find them even Quadratec lol but I’ll likely find someone here. Nick or Mr Blaine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

The YJ brake hoses are longer but same size as the TJ OEM brake hoses.
For Us that use Quick Discos and the Antirock fellas this is a more affordable way to have front extended brake line

There is good reason why Blaine sells Centric rotors with his pad setup. He spent lots of effort and time testing different combo's, and found the BMB/Centric combo performs the best. Yeah, maybe a bit more money, but how many vendors do you know that puts a lot of time and effort into testing what works best on our jeeps?

You will not be disappointed in the BMB/Centric setup, provided you perform the "bed in" process correctly. Instructions that come with the kit are pretty dang cut-n-dry.

Reactions: Tj04 and StG58
Another note on Centric rotors, They are also very good complemented by a ceramic pads. Know few guys that use this combo to keep their rims clean. I used on my F150 for long time and never have an issue. No to forget that ceramic pads are hard on any rotor including centric rotors.

Reactions: StG58
Centric has two grades of rotor as well. (Three if you count the cryo treated ones.) The 120 series that equates to basically stock and the 125 series that are a high carbon alloy with other stuff thrown in.

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
Do a thread on your BMB pads and let us know how you like them when ya get em. I'm Interested but torn between them and EBC yellow that I've seen Jerry and mrblaine say is almost as good and I think they are cheaper. I'd rather support a memeber by buying BMB pads though any day!
Not even close to almost as good.

Centric has two grades of rotor as well. (Three if you count the cryo treated ones.) The 120 series that equates to basically stock and the 125 series that are a high carbon alloy with other stuff thrown in.
Mostly true. They have 121, 120, 125's and a few others for slotted, slotted drilled, and I believe drilled without actually checking.
121- "import" level quality to compete with Autozone and similar
120- premium quality
125- High carbon
I also believe there is a cryo number as well.

All the non solid face have been in the past been modified 120's.

We use the 120 because they are a good value with high quality and dependable, repeatable results. I don't think they are the best, but I do believe you'll spend a whole bunch more for very little increase in performance or longevity. I also run them on everything I own that they have an application for.

Reactions: StG58
Another note on Centric rotors, They are also very good complemented by a ceramic pads. Know few guys that use this combo to keep their rims clean. I used on my F150 for long time and never have an issue. No to forget that ceramic pads are hard on any rotor including centric rotors.
What level or percentage of ceramic fiber has to be in a brake pad compound before the company can advertise it as ceramic?

What level or percentage of ceramic fiber has to be in a brake pad compound before the company can advertise it as ceramic?

Not much I guessing? Is there an industry standard? Is it like synthetic oil, where it only has to have a certain percentage of synthetic compounds to be advertised as synthetic oil?

Mostly true. They have 121, 120, 125's and a few others for slotted, slotted drilled, and I believe drilled without actually checking.
121- "import" level quality to compete with Autozone and similar
120- premium quality
125- High carbon
I also believe there is a cryo number as well.

All the non solid face have been in the past been modified 120's.

We use the 120 because they are a good value with high quality and dependable, repeatable results. I don't think they are the best, but I do believe you'll spend a whole bunch more for very little increase in performance or longevity. I also run them on everything I own that they have an application for.
Glad to have you back @mrblaine, could have used your expertise in a thread about the value of cryogenic treated rotors the other day.

True, there's lots of Centric branded rotors. I was focused on the 120s and 125s because they seem to have the most return on our TJ's.

Not even close to almost as good.
really? I swear ive seen wrangler forum posts on other forums from both you and Jerry saying they are excellent and almost as good. I have no experience but that's what I've read. I may have misread.

It is possible is mistook EBC being second best pad for larger tires for almost as good as BMB pads.

Not much I guessing? Is there an industry standard? Is it like synthetic oil, where it only has to have a certain percentage of synthetic compounds to be advertised as synthetic oil?
No standard whatsoever, which means that there is also no standard of performance or wear level you can expect simply because they chose to write ceramic on the box.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I'm guessing there is no regulation there at all, so they're free to slap "ceramic" on the label even if it's not ceramic at all.

I suspect the Chinese wouldn't have an issue doing that... I know they do it with the D.O.T. label on LED headlights.

Glad to have you back @mrblaine, could have used your expertise in a thread about the value of cryogenic treated rotors the other day.

True, there's lots of Centric branded rotors. I was focused on the 120s and 125s because they seem to have the most return on our TJ's.

A cryo rotor may have some benefit, especially if you are a specification collector, but for what rotors cost and how long they last, does it really matter? We've also not found them to be a performance increase and neither are the 125's.

I never did jump on the Ceramic pad bandwagon, so other than the claim they don't dust out as bad as other compounds, what other advantage do they offer? A harder compound pad would just wear out your rotors quicker IMO. I've read that some pad manufacturers just put a ceramic coating on the pad that quickly wears off after bed in, then basically all you have is a semi metallic pad with some copper shavings thrown in for good measure.