Round tail lights or some sort of third brake light setup with no spare?

How long have you had them? Have they held up for you so far?

I really like them... but it sounds like it's super hit and miss
So my story is a little unique. I had an old model LED from about 8 years ago that the PO had purchased and installed. When I bought the vehicle last year it had one dying (other was perfect, dying had maybe 12 dead diodes) LED panel like the the other poster here. I had emailed ORO and asked if i could buy a single panel. Asked me to send him pictures of the dead LEDs and a pic of the back of the epoxy color. They were way out of warranty, estimated about 8 years old by the epoxy color. For an extremely reasonable price they would send me one. I thought, great my single panel will be replaced! Few days later I got a package and it was 2 brand new, current model lights. Again, it was for an extremely reasonable price and they were super helpful.

Its been about 13 months since I've replaced them (one of the first things I did when I was updating the jeep) and I've had no issues. They felt high quality in my hands. That one guy may have bad luck, was in the center of a bad batch of inventory, or the ORO quality has improved since his time (not sure when he got his). But I am happy with mine.

20190404_121235.jpg

So my story is a little unique. I had an old model LED from about 8 years ago that the PO had purchased and installed. When I bought the vehicle last year it had one dying (other was perfect, dying had maybe 12 dead diodes) LED panel like the the other poster here. I had emailed ORO and asked if i could buy a single panel. Asked me to send him pictures of the dead LEDs and a pic of the back of the epoxy color. They were way out of warranty, estimated about 8 years old by the epoxy color. For an extremely reasonable price they would send me one. I thought, great my single panel will be replaced! Few days later I got a package and it was 2 brand new, current model lights. Again, it was for an extremely reasonable price and they were super helpful.

Its been about 13 months since I've replaced them (one of the first things I did when I was updating the jeep) and I've had no issues. They felt high quality in my hands. That one guy may have bad luck, was in the center of a bad batch of inventory, or the ORO quality has improved since his time (not sure when he got his). But I am happy with mine.

View attachment 97747
Thanks for the info. I really like them, and really like the fact you don't have to drill a large hole in the Jeep itself.

So my list would be as follows, but I am not sure the best options. Any ideas?

1. Round tail lights that don't require drilling.
2. A way to light up the license plate
3. Third brake light that is small. Might have to be homemade?

Thanks for any help. I think I am going with no spare and a cleaner look.

How about these (see link below)? Although the tail lights require 3 screws, they are surface mount, and I bet with a little creativity the lights could be mounted without drilling new holes. They come with separate backup lights (which I would mount on a bumper or some other location).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07932QC9V/?tag=wranglerorg-20

How about these (see link below)? Although the tail lights require 3 screws, they are surface mount, and I bet with a little creativity the lights could be mounted without drilling new holes. They come with separate backup lights (which I would mount on a bumper or some other location).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07932QC9V/?tag=wranglerorg-20
If done properly, you could use 3M VHB Tape (very high bond) like they do for emblems on cars.

Thanks for all the replies. I am back kicking this around. Gotta do something for a third light as I don't really want the liability. Probably going to custom make something. The round light idea seems to be a mixed review on longevity. I don't want to drill, but am thinking about it.

All kind of spare tire delete kits for JKs of course we don't have many options, but there is a link below.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fishbon...UGqVys1P6-mHgiou0u_uhCAW_WD7H7-MaArH-EALw_wcB

Thanks for all the replies. I am back kicking this around. Gotta do something for a third light as I don't really want the liability. Probably going to custom make something. The round light idea seems to be a mixed review on longevity. I don't want to drill, but am thinking about it.

All kind of spare tire delete kits for JKs of course we don't have many options, but there is a link below.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fishbon...UGqVys1P6-mHgiou0u_uhCAW_WD7H7-MaArH-EALw_wcB
View attachment 101925

This one is a little cleaner looking IMO, but still doesn’t address center high mount stop light (CHMSL)

https://www.fullmetalfabworks.com/tj-solution-plate

So I am going to do my own thing here. Honestly I don't like anything I have seen. I want it very simple and clean. Here is the first step. I am looking for a clear third brake light to put on that piece of aluminum. Then comes the round tail lights. I'll post the third light when I find one I like. A motorcycle shop might be a good bet.

So my list would be as follows, but I am not sure the best options. Any ideas?

1. Round tail lights that don't require drilling.
2. A way to light up the license plate
3. Third brake light that is small. Might have to be homemade?

Thanks for any help. I think I am going with no spare and a cleaner look.

View attachment 97520
Your rig looks great. I also removed spare set-up too. I'm thinking of an F-1 type 3rd brake light. Have to figure something by PA inspection time....ugh.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UYPCL8A/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: gg1
Does that little brake light eliminate in red? I like that it is mellow. Who makes it?

Yes, this is a red brake light with clear lens - it almost disppears in front of the vent. This brake light is very bright! Bought it on ebay.

Reactions: gg1
So I am going to do my own thing here. Honestly I don't like anything I have seen. I want it very simple and clean. Here is the first step. I am looking for a clear third brake light to put on that piece of aluminum. Then comes the round tail lights. I'll post the third light when I find one I like. A motorcycle shop might be a good bet. View attachment 103766
Thanks for starting these questions, very interesting approaches. Like to see your creation

I never thought I would have to say that but I was behind a JK a couple of days ago. Had aftermarket LED taillights/brakelights. I could barely see them.

It is possible that there are some super cheap crap lights out there. Mine will probably be brighter than stock, but it is good to research prior to purchase, so thanks.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper