RPMs get so low that my TJ almost stalls

pangeakid

Hey guys I’m not sure how to word my question other than after I drive my 98 TJ for about 20 minutes on the highway if I stop somewhere or at a light or drive thru my RPM’s go way down to the point of stalling and when I push on the gas it doesn’t rev. It only happens when I drive it a lot that day. I haven’t been able to find anything online due to the wording problem. I’m just confused. I saw maybe a fuel filter but that doesn't seem like the issue cause it’s only occasionally happening.

Check your pressure at your fuel rail, I was having this problem and it got so bad to the point of not starting. My fuel pump went out, IIRC you should be getting around 45-60PSI at the fuel rail for a properly functioning fuel pump but I could be wrong

Does this problem happen 100% of the time, even in the morning after the engine was just started, or just after the engine has begun to warm up?

The heat from the engine is building up resistance in an old IAC solenoid electrical windings which affecting the operation of the IAC plunger....
Its time for a new IAC solenoid....