Rudy Rudolph

98543B30-4063-4488-929A-7EB3C12D7701.jpeg
Hi y’all I want to put 32in Firestone M/T2 on my Tj with new -12 offset rims, the Tj has no lift and currently has stock 30in tires, I was wondering if I would rub on my fender wells. This Jeep is more for field driving, the odd mud puddle and sand forest trails. It is my daily driver should I down size to 31s? It is equipped with the 4.0.

View attachment 391418Hi y’all I want to put 32in Firestone M/T2 on my Tj with new -12 offset rims, the Tj has no lift and currently has stock 30in tires, I was wondering if I would rub on my fender wells. This Jeep is more for field driving, the odd mud puddle and sand forest trails. It is my daily driver should I down size to 31s? It is equipped with the 4.0.

I had a stock rig on 32’s. They did rub on the control arms. They also hit the fenders a few times. I had plans to lift it, so it was only that way a couple of months. For 32’s I’d do 2” lift. It could be a 2” spacer or springs or a 1” spacer or springs plus a 1” body lift. Or, another possibility is a 1” body lift and a washer on the steering stop. That will probably get you by. 👍🏼 Keep in mind if you add more than 1” spacer or springs you’ll also need shocks.

Welcome to the forum!

I had a stock rig on 32’s. They did rub on the control arms. They also hit the fenders a few times. I had plans to lift it, so it was only that way a couple of months. For 32’s I’d do 2” lift. It could be a 2” spacer or springs or a 1” spacer or springs plus a 1” body lift. Or, another possibility is a 1” body lift and a washer on the steering stop. That will probably get you by. 👍🏼 Keep in mind if you add more than 1” spacer or springs you’ll also need shocks.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks I do plan to do a complete suspension upgrade eventually to give me better clearance I thought tires would be more important first