Rubicon Fender Flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMT

Just another auto…
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Need more tire coverage when I move to WA state. Much appreciated!

JMT

I had trouble finding used ones in decent shape when I was looking about 1-1/2 years ago. I ended up get brand new ones at Summit Racing. They had the cheapest price that I could find for new MOPAR ones at the time.

Reactions: Head Lice
I had trouble finding used ones in decent shape when I was looking about 1-1/2 years ago. I ended up get brand new ones at Summit Racing. They had the cheapest price that I could find for new MOPAR ones at the time.
Yeah, I remember one time Summit had them for like $225. Ever since then they’ve been $345 range. Geez, crazy when Crown replacements for the regular 3.25” width are $100. Why can’t Crown make some Rubicon 4.25”?

I saw a few sets on here about a year and a half ago, they were being given away, always went quick, one guy was very close to me and decided to ship them to someone rather than bring them to me at the trail or have me come get them. That dude sucked!

Found some silver Sahara one’s about 8 months ago, meh...let them go.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Yeah, I remember one time Summit had them for like $225. Ever since then they’ve been $345 range. Geez, crazy when Crown replacements for the regular 3.25” width are $100. Why can’t Crown make some Rubicon 4.25”?

I saw a few sets on here about a year and a half ago, they were being given away, always went quick, one guy was very close to me and decided to ship them to someone rather than bring them to me at the trail or have me come get them. That dude sucked!

Found some silver Sahara one’s about 8 months ago, meh...let them go.

I am in the same boat, been looking for a while now and kicking myself in the ass for not buying the ones from Summit when they were at ~$250. Can't find any good replacements, relative to the price.

In my search I found some, but they are in Everett, Washington. Four black ones, call this place and see if you can pick them up.

Al's Lynnwood Truck Parts USA-WA(Everett) Request_Quote 1-800-334-3622 / 1-425-743-9191

They are asking $80 for each corner, but you can probably score them for $40/corner, cash, from my experiences dealing with junkyards and pawn shops.

Reactions: JMT
I am in the same boat, been looking for a while now and kicking myself in the ass for not buying the ones from Summit when they were at ~$250. Can't find any good replacements, relative to the price.

In my search I found some, but they are in Everett, Washington. Four black ones, call this place and see if you can pick them up.

Al's Lynnwood Truck Parts USA-WA(Everett) Request_Quote 1-800-334-3622 / 1-425-743-9191

They are asking $80 for each corner, but you can probably score them for $40/corner, cash, from my experiences dealing with junkyards and pawn shops.
I’m up in Spokane now house hunting. Should be moving here end of July/early August. I’ll look into it when we get settled down. Thanks for the heads up!

I have 3 that are painted, all but the left front, $120 plus the ride?
What color are they? I’ll keep this in my hat for sure

JMT,

Check to see if they do inspections in the Spokane area because not all of Washington requires them. I’m in western Washington and we do not have state inspections in Kitsap County where I live, but Seattle area does just across the Puget Sound.

Spokane area will probably remind you of home since it gets freaking hot in the summer. Lots of lakes in your general region and northern Idaho is beautiful. I think you’ll have some sand dunes out your way as well. A lot of the wheeling spots will be in the cascades to your west in and around Mt Saint Helens and Mt Rainer.

The negative reviews are mostly that not all of the mounting holes properly align. JMT could easily rectify that.

Summit racing has them for cheaper, $111.99 plus tax and free shipping.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fcd-kd4032
Screenshot_20190630-121403.jpg

I got them used for $70 and yeah the holes were not the best, you had to move the flare around to get them to fit. I installed new rivnuts and stainless hex head screws.

A guy in Gainesville, Tx had a set of stock Rubi flares but the front flares had 2 holes drilled (1/8" holes) at the front turn signal area.
It was just too far to drive, i was gonna buy them.
I will forward you his info if you have not yet found a set .

I have 4...the previous owner tried to paint 2 of them (poorly). Still need them?

So are the rear flares the only difference between Rubi and Sport/SE styles? It looks like the fronts are exactly the same and the rears are the only different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.