Rubicon locker pump substitute

Drizit

TJ Addict
So I no longer have Rubicon axles or pumps in my jeep but I do know the pain of trying to find replacement pumps as they die. I tripped over this post elsewhere and while I haven't personally verified it the person who posted it is usually fairly accurate. Figured it may help someone one day.

"Apparently Kia uses the same pump for the front axle disconnect in the Sorento.
Part # 510303E100"

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: derekmac and Alex01
Reactions: Chris
So I no longer have Rubicon axles or pumps in my jeep but I do know the pain of trying to find replacement pumps as they die. I tripped over this post elsewhere and while I haven't personally verified it the person who posted it is usually fairly accurate. Figured it may help someone one day.

"Apparently Kia uses the same pump for the front axle disconnect in the Sorento.
Part # 510303E100"

Hmmm, there are three Sorento's at the local U-Pull... It might be worth a trip out.

Good info, I never would have expected to find it in a Kia. Hell, I didn't even know Kia Sorrentos had anything like this.

I also know that Dave Kishpaugh has a treasure chest full of these things (as well as factory Rubicon lockers). @mrblaine may or may not have some laying around too.

Another guy on JF hoards parts. I sold my compressor for $100 pretty quickly a few years ago.

From what I remember, Kia uses the compressor for an axle disconnect rather than a locker

How is an axle disconnect different than a locker?

And why does the Sorrento have one?

How is an axle disconnect different than a locker?

And why does the Sorrento have one?
It was used to create a vacuum to activate the front diff for 4wd

upon a bit more research it seems like a lot of vehicles had the pump. Here is a list I found on the inter webs.
Chevy Tracker all models 4wd 99 – 04 Suzuki Vitara, Grand Vitara XL, KIA Sorento, Kia Borrego, Kia Mohave, Kia BONGO MITUSBISHI Montero, L200, TRITON, SPORTERO, STRADA, PAJERO, MONTERO SPORT, NATIVA 1997 – 2012, CHALLENGER 2010, Shogun Pajero Jeep Rubicon

Great find @Drizit

Reactions: Chris and derekmac

upon a bit more research it seems like a lot of vehicles had the pump. Here is a list I found on the inter webs.
Chevy Tracker all models 4wd 99 – 04 Suzuki Vitara, Grand Vitara XL, KIA Sorento, Kia Borrego, Kia Mohave, Kia BONGO MITUSBISHI Montero, L200, TRITON, SPORTERO, STRADA, PAJERO, MONTERO SPORT, NATIVA 1997 – 2012, CHALLENGER 2010, Shogun Pajero Jeep Rubicon

Great find @Drizit

Great find indeed! I know those locker pumps were hard to find new. Last I looked you could only find one of them new anymore, and when you did find them, they were very, very expensive.

Great find @Drizit
That's a great list of vehicles. From now on when I'm at the junk yard I'll be looking for all of em and make my own hord even though I don't use em.

Reactions: Alex01
Good info, I never would have expected to find it in a Kia. Hell, I didn't even know Kia Sorrentos had anything like this.

I also know that Dave Kishpaugh has a treasure chest full of these things (as well as factory Rubicon lockers). @mrblaine may or may not have some laying around too.
Does Mr @mrblaine still have a stock pile or these?! I need two!

Maybe it’s time to build some makeshift lawn jockeys out of all the spare parts 🤣