WTB: Rubicon locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morks

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking to purchase a rear rubicon locker/ limited slip gears. Thanks!

If you're going to spend money on this, it might be better to consider an ARB or ELocker as the Rubicon LSD is known to fail eventually so you're always on borrowed time.

If you're going to spend money on this, it might be better to consider an ARB or ELocker as the Rubicon LSD is known to fail eventually so you're always on borrowed time.

Yeah, just trying to avoid doing a regear, though I can do it as I did the first just a couple of months ago 😑. Still a student so dropping another huge chunk of change on a locker would definitely sting. Will do though if it comes down to it. I feel like this one broke as I had limited knowledge of the Rubi locker, shortly after installing it I wheeled it for a weekend unlocked and was beating on it unlocked on pavement doing dumb stuff in the rain lol.

Yeah, just trying to avoid doing a regear, though I can do it as I did the first just a couple of months ago 😑. Still a student so dropping another huge chunk of change on a locker would definitely sting. Will do though if it comes down to it. I feel like this one broke as I had limited knowledge of the Rubi locker, shortly after installing it I wheeled it for a weekend unlocked and was beating on it unlocked on pavement doing dumb stuff in the rain lol.

A regear is not needed if you purchase the ARB rd117 that accepts thick cut gears. After breaking my rear Rubicon locker, my thick cut 4.88s were moved to a second Rubicon locker which also broke. Then to an ARB. All we did was run a pattern and measure the backlash to copy on the new setup.

AAA broadway auto parts have a lot of crashed Rubi's they might ship....in phx az.....

Gave them a call a couple of times and they said no to parting out the axles, which is absolutely fair. But that was a couple of months ago. Will definitely try again to see if they have a bent axle etc..., forgot what their name was. Thanks!

Reactions: rubicube
Status
Not open for further replies.