What tire size are you running on factory Rubicon Moab wheels?

Deltajoe

Supporting Member
Hello Guys, I am almost done with my OME ultimate lift. Just got to install the track bars and adjust everything out. Between the cost of the lift and adding Bartact seat covers and other unforeseen things plus a 1500 Stereo system .I have sunk quite a bit of cash into my build. So I want to wait a while before I buy 15 inch wheel and tires. I am not rock climbing or beating up my TJR in the woods. I have 245/75 r16 tires on it now. I would like to put on 33 if possible? I have the MML and The BL plus the OME lift. So please let me know what size tire you are running on your stock TJR Moab wheels. I would deeply appreciate it. I understand I might have to run wheel spacers and maybe put a washer in the steering stop. But if she see new wheels and tires She will kick my ass. It will be a dead give away.
She has no clue about what I have done so far.

IMG_0809.JPG

Reactions: Fixer6
I run 285/75r16 on my 16" Moabs with the same setup, OME 2.5" SL, 1.25" BL and MML. They are basically 33x11.5. with the stock front sway bar I was able to put 2 washers behind the steering stops and eliminate 98% of the rubbing. Since installing a Antirock I started to rub the AR arms so I installed 1.25" synergy wheel spacers and removed the washers.

MVIMG_20190411_104204.jpg

About 3/4" higher without the top and doors
IMG_20190518_114157.jpg

285/75r25 Duratracs (which run pretty close to a true 33). Connected I needed to adjust the steering stops. Disconnected off-road it rubbed the control arms and everything else. Added 1.25 Spidertrax spacers and it’s perfect now.
968aa206c5f0fe74d7c39bff4b9d0d51.jpg

70716258b4b9aaf7084eb819ec263cf5.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
265/75R16 on my '06 Rubi. No rub on either direction. These work out to be 32's. Speedo is dead on with GPS speedo. Try to get load range C tires. Will help you enjoy those new springs and shocks to the fullest.

Reactions: JMT
You should be good for 33’s with that combo.

For those of you with 285/75R16 tires on Moabs with no spacers or washers, where do you get the rubbing? On the swaybar links? On the control arms? I have 265/75R16 tires on Moabs with no spacers or washers and I have no rubbing with what looks like a fair amount of clearance. I am just wondering where the problems will be if I go to the next larger tire size.

Hello Guys, I am almost done with my OME ultimate lift. Just got to install the track bars and adjust everything out. Between the cost of the lift and adding Bartact seat covers and other unforeseen things plus a 1500 Stereo system .I have sunk quite a bit of cash into my build. So I want to wait a while before I buy 15 inch wheel and tires. I am not rock climbing or beating up my TJR in the woods. I have 245/75 r16 tires on it now. I would like to put on 33 if possible? I have the MML and The BL plus the OME lift. So please let me know what size tire you are running on your stock TJR Moab wheels. I would deeply appreciate it. I understand I might have to run wheel spacers and maybe put a washer in the steering stop. But if she see new wheels and tires She will kick my ass. It will be a dead give away.
She has no clue about what I have done so far.

View attachment 95438
Any photos of it with the lift and the 245s?

It looks like I can be lumped into the same boat, looking to keep TJR stock MOAB wheels. Not a huge fan of the idea of spacers, will be running a 2.5 inch suspension lift. Are there any other options than spacers on the steering stops and spacers for the wheels? Any pics of 2.5 lift running 265/75R16?

It looks like I can be lumped into the same boat, looking to keep TJR stock MOAB wheels. Not a huge fan of the idea of spacers, will be running a 2.5 inch suspension lift. Are there any other options than spacers on the steering stops and spacers for the wheels? Any pics of 2.5 lift running 265/75R16?

This is my rig with a 2 inch lift and 265/75R16 tires.

IMG_0046.JPG

My 06 TJR on OME 2 1/2" lift.
20190830_125104.jpg
Had 265's on the Moab rims too. No rub anywhere. Rides nice at 25 psi.