California Rubicon Run Summer 2024

What weekend and days work best for you. Pick a weekend and days of the week you would like.

• Weekend of July 6-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of July 20-21

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Weekend of August 10-11

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Thursday-Saturday

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Friday-Sunday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday-Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a rough shakedown last weekend at Hollister... After helping my buddy get out of the gorge by the obstacle course I caught my back tire in the rut he left behind and slid sideways in the mud, caught traction and did a full 360 roll over and landed back on the wheels. Thrashed my windshield frame, roll bar and hood.

20240324_142121.jpg

After digging the mud out of the tire beads and getting them to hold air I drove her home and everything seems to be in order other than the obvious damage. I have already sourced most of the parts and started putting in orders. Just a minor setback. I will still be ready B4 the Rubicon!

Anyone have a spare roll bar they want to part with? Lol

Anyone have a spare roll bar they want to part with? Lol

Actually I have most of mine from my 97...we cut it just around the seatbelt bolts... could be welded back together. And I don't know how straight it is.

I did a tub and frame swap in eight days...you got this!

Video all of it...great story. Can help you edit if you want...cell phone and open source editing software make it zero cost.

-Mac

Reactions: U8MYDZT
Actually I have most of mine from my 97...we cut it just around the seatbelt bolts... could be welded back together. And I don't know how straight it is.

I did a tub and frame swap in eight days...you got this!

Video all of it...great story. Can help you edit if you want...cell phone and open source editing software make it zero cost.

-Mac

I found a used roll bar in San Diego for $200 and would probably go that route before trying to fix a cut up one. Once I do get into the swap I will see what I can do to document it. I couldn't find anyone on YouTube that had a cage removal.

I know what you mean, I have a huge list of want to do vs what my wallet allows... Just like I keep looking at 37s

37s are a big leap in $ for all the supporting mods... I am trying to convince myself my 35s are good enough so I don't end up eating Cup O Noodles and sleeping in a cardboard box. Lol

Reactions: BC Moto
37s are a big leap in $ for all the supporting mods... I am trying to convince myself my 35s are good enough so I don't end up eating Cup O Noodles and sleeping in a cardboard box. Lol

LOL I have big dreams

On a side note anyone need stock seats front and rear, stock belly pan or partial leaking fuel tank? Stock drum backing plates