Rubicon 241 transfer case for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DrDmoney pointed that out last week. The guy is insane at that price. Fair value is around 1,200-1,300 but can be had for less. (around here....)

Reactions: N757KF
Fair value is around 1,200-1,300 but can be had for less. (around here....)
Thanks. Good to know. I'm going to be selling mine 241OR shortly to put a 4 speed Atlas in. Was trying to figure out what to ask for it.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks. Good to know. I'm going to be selling mine 241OR shortly to put a 4 speed Atlas in. Was trying to figure out what to ask for it.
I'd say ask $1,500 and give a bit of room for normal craigslist negotiation. If I was closer to you I'd have no issue giving you around 1,200 for it. I've been looking at an atlas. What made you decide on the 4 vs the 2 speed? Do you have a rear stretch?

I'd say ask $1,500 and give a bit of room for normal craigslist negotiation. If I was closer to you I'd have no issue giving you around 1,200 for it. I've been looking at an atlas. What made you decide on the 4 vs the 2 speed? Do you have a rear stretch?
Since I already have a 4:1 241OR, an Atlas 2 doesn't have much appeal to me unless I start blowing up t-cases. But I like to crawl and with 40s I've started doing things like pic, and I was real not thrilled when stalling and losing my power brakes 1/2 way up this because the 4.0L didn't have enough torque at 500 rpms. So I'm looking for the ~10:1 gears of the 4 speed in low-low.

I have an LJ and did stretched the back a little, so I should have room.
IMG_O03559-3.png

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Since I already have a 4:1 241OR, an Atlas 2 doesn't have much appeal to me unless I start blowing up t-cases. But I like to crawl and with 40s I've started doing things like pic, and I was real not thrilled when stalling and losing my power brakes 1/2 way up this because the 4.0L didn't have enough torque at 500 rpms. So I'm looking for the ~10:1 gears of the 4 speed in low-low.

View attachment 142929
Got it... I was thinking of a TJ wheelbase. Another +1 to the LJ.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I keep putting the Atlas 5:1 in my cart, maybe this winter I click purchase.
My plan is to drive the miata for most of summer then sell it. The funds will then be used to buy an atlas.

My plan is to drive the miata for most of summer then sell it. The funds will then be used to buy an atlas.
If I don't get antsy and pull the trigger early, last year they had a pretty good Black Friday sale. I will definitely pull the trigger then.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
That price is ridiculous :ROFLMAO:
I gave him my offer earlier and he didn't bite. From what I gathered he'd be willing to knock off a few hundred but still it's not worth that. He'll need to find someone with a blown np241 looking for an easy swap into a rubicon.

I gave him my offer earlier and he didn't bite. From what I gathered he'd be willing to knock off a few hundred but still it's not worth that. He'll need to find someone with a blown np241 looking for an easy swap into a rubicon.

I agree, I can't see it being worth more than $1500 tops, and even that seems like a stretch.

I think $1200 is a premium price, even for a Rubi owner looking for a plug and play TC. I saw remanufactured for around $2100

I guess it depends what part of the country you're in. They sell for $1500 easily where I am.

View attachment 142929

If you have an auto, the Rubicrawler is also another option.

I didn't click on the ad. Then I started reading the comments. Then I had to click on the ad. I'll sell the one I have for that much. (not really because that's fucked up)

I'm going to laugh if somebody tries talking them down on the price and they pull the message out of their pocket.

List the transfer case with whatever attributes make it what it is at a price you are comfy with. Be accurate, don't embellish, remove any mention of why the transfer case is looking for a new owner. Be sure to include the phrase "as is where is" in there somewhere.

The knowledgeable folks will know what they are looking for and whether or not they have found it at a price they are willing to pay. Don't let anyone jerk you around on the price over petty crap.

Print this out and put it in your pocket if they try to mess you around.
My friend said you would try this shit and he knows I'm nice and won't tell you to fuck off. He also said I could hand this to you instead of saying it and you would clearly get the message.

After you hand that to a few of them, they'll get the message. Also tell them to hop on here if they want to try and justify their bullshit and at least a few of us can take them to task.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.