California Rubicon Trail Run (September 22nd, 23rd, and 24th)

Added to Calendar: 09-22-20, 09-23-20, 09-24-20

I might have to order some mud terrains...

Then I will convince myself the trailer needs them too....

and what would mud terrains be without bead locks....

An October run might be expensive...

You can use your trailer to carry around your 2nd set of wheels/tires, doors, what ev..... LOL!

@Alex01
@Midnight LJR
@ncfitton
@DoOver
@CostcoPizza
The Eldorado National Forest Closure Order ends September 22nd and a little bird told me they will extend it for another week so this run is officially cancelled, I'm up for an alternate if anyone is aware of one.
I am not sure if your going to find another trail at this time. I know that Deer Valley and Slick Rock are both closed and I can't find anything showing a date when they may open. I think every National Forest in CA are closed until the 21st. I was suppose to be on vacation this whole week, but after a few days up in Arnold decided to come home and go back to work and save my days off, the smoke was so bad you could not do much outdoors :mad: and with Stanislaus National Forest being closed along w/ all the Covid restrictions there was not a lot do.

So lets hope Oct. is better, otherwise it will start getting very cold at nights on the Sierras soon. 🥶

Reactions: DrDmoney
I am not sure if your going to find another trail at this time. I know that Deer Valley and Slick Rock are both closed and I can't find anything showing a date when they may open. I think every National Forest in CA are closed until the 21st. I was suppose to be on vacation this whole week, but after a few days up in Arnold decided to come home and go back to work and save my days off, the smoke was so bad you could not do much outdoors :mad: and with Stanislaus National Forest being closed along w/ all the Covid restrictions there was not a lot do.

So lets hope Oct. is better, otherwise it will start getting very cold at nights on the Sierras soon. 🥶
October can get interesting in the Sierras but I'm up for it.

Reactions: Alex01
I’m out because of some work commitments I made since the closure, I can take Friday off for a day run somewhere.
Temps in the sierras are lows in the 40’s to highs in the 60’s. A small portable generator and a hot plate or MRE’s for cooking or manifold burritos and KFC. I would suggest a call to Rubicon Springs to check on camping since it’s private property it isn’t affected by the no dispersed camping order, otherwise there is still no camping on the trail.

I’m out because of some work commitments I made since the closure, I can take Friday off for a day run somewhere.
Temps in the sierras are lows in the 40’s to highs in the 60’s. A small portable generator and a hot plate or MRE’s for cooking or manifold burritos and KFC. I would suggest a call to Rubicon Springs to check on camping since it’s private property it isn’t affected by the no dispersed camping order, otherwise there is still no camping on the trail.
Signal peak or Fordyce? I'm only 20 min away so I'm down for either.