California Rubicon Trail Run

Added to Calendar: 09-16-19, 09-17-19, 09-18-19

DrDmoney

🫤
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Who is interested in doing a 2 or 3 day Rubicon run in September? There are some potentially open days where no groups are scheduled.
2 - 4, 9 - 11, 16 - 18. There will be others there but far less this time of year, even less if you start on a Tuesday or Wednesday from my experience.
It’ll be warm and dusty and you might see a few trail lilies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
August has a lot going on with big groups also the Cantina for the Con is Labor Day weekend.

If I have all the stuff I need by then I’m in to. Would have to plan for the 8 hour trip there. Don’t know if I should rent a trailer or Drive my TJ all the way there.

Reactions: Alex01
If I have all the stuff I need by then I’m in to. Would have to plan for the 8 hour trip there. Don’t know if I should rent a trailer or Drive my TJ all the way there.
I would say trailer. Unless your within 200 miles for aaa to drag you back if something happens :p

Heads up about the weather in September, it has been known to rain and snow so be prepared

It rained on us end of August, and hailed so much coming in to South Lake Tahoe that it looked like 3 inches of snow on the ground. Had to take cover at the gas station.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Done

Unofficial WTJF Rubicon Trail Run
September 16-18 (we’ll narrow it down to 16 &17 or 17 &18)
@Alex01
@bobthetj03
@Daryl
@DrDmoney
@ImpactOrange
@06TJ35's
Indy

Indy and I are considering finding a place to basecamp the RV's in Tahoe City or South Lake, then drive up Icehouse to meet at Loon. This way we can roll back to the RV's on the way out. If you know of any good campgrounds in that area I'm all ears.

Indy and I are considering finding a place to basecamp the RV's in Tahoe City or South Lake, then drive up Icehouse to meet at Loon. This way we can roll back to the RV's on the way out. If you know of any good campgrounds in that area I'm all ears.
There lots of camping at Union Valley Reservoir, Icehouse Resort, Southfork Loop CG, Airport Flat CG, Fashoda CG, Sunset CG, also a KOA in Shingle Springs

Reactions: bobthetj03