Rubicon Trail

Another guy in our group negotiating the rocks. I’m spotting him.
21EE467E-B59C-4188-ACEE-F2FAF7D37208.jpeg

Damn. Free spill kit? I've never been out there, I thought it was just a regular old trail.

Damn. Free spill kit? I've never been out there, I thought it was just a regular old trail.

We helped a guy from Utah that broke an axle. He had an old Range Rover that he had swapped a Cummins 4bta into. Three brothers were dropped off at trailhead by their parents on Friday morning. The parents had business in Tahoe and took the car trailer with them. Supposed to pick them up Sunday. The brothers were meeting up with a Range Rover Club. They broke the right rear axle on the granite slabs. The club left them there and said they would be back when they come off the trail in a couple days. By the time we got to them they had attached a log for a skid. Check out the videos.
741ABD56-AE31-4BDD-B8A9-246C229243EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
Once the straps broke we disassembled his high lift jack and reinstalled his broken axle and used the jack mast to retain the tire/axle assembly. One of the brothers walked alongside the Range Rover to make adjustments to the mast as needed. Ended up working and got him off the trail.
46357D50-8C53-4A27-8506-876ABC81EC0F.jpeg
DF577E7A-9FD0-4A25-BE75-AB3A84E38B34.jpeg

Last edited:
All these photos / videos are getting me really excited for September. looks like a great trip.

All these photos / videos are getting me really excited for September. looks like a great trip.

I hear ya. We were only able to make it as far as Spider Lake as the run was a Family oriented club run. I was just tagging along with a friend and his wife. Lots of people breaking axles. Long waits for broken rigs in the areas of no bypasses. The earlier you get on the trail the better, especially on weekends.

Reactions: Alex01