California Rubicon Trip Sep 8-10th (Cancelled Due To Fire)

It won't go well, lol!
That's why I placed an order for skids today. I wasn't expecting that jeep to do anything tough for a while. Guess we'll get to see all the weak spots. I have a feeling the steering dampener isn't going to survive based off signal peak. Other than that with the right lines and some good spotting it should go great. The yellow jlu in Moab did great.

The plan is if I organize it I have to make it. Right guys? Guys!?

We will camp two nights on the trail so we can all hang out and enjoy it.

Confirmed
@Midnight LJR
@Alex01
@Daryl
@taylormade73
@DrDmoney
@Lonewolf
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Plumber1

Tentative
@bobthetj03
@mvigo
@DylanM345
@Thunderhead
@Larry97TJ

Submitted for a reservation for 15 jeeps at the springs the night of the 9th figure we will stay the first night at Buck then go onto the springs from there.

—————————————————

Who else is in?
@ImpactOrange

Anyone else I forgot, tag em.
The plan is if I organize it I have to make it. Right guys? Guys!?

We will camp two nights on the trail so we can all hang out and enjoy it.

Confirmed
@Midnight LJR
@Alex01
@Daryl
@taylormade73
@DrDmoney
@Lonewolf
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Plumber1

Tentative
@bobthetj03
@mvigo
@DylanM345
@Thunderhead
@Larry97TJ

Submitted for a reservation for 15 jeeps at the springs the night of the 9th figure we will stay the first night at Buck then go onto the springs from there.

—————————————————

Who else is in?
@ImpactOrange

Anyone else I forgot, tag em.
Will do my best to make it
On the maybe list

That's why I placed an order for skids today. I wasn't expecting that jeep to do anything tough for a while. Guess we'll get to see all the weak spots. I have a feeling the steering dampener isn't going to survive based off signal peak. Other than that with the right lines and some good spotting it should go great. The yellow jlu in Moab did great.

Whatever, with that new Jeep you will be cruising along with no challenge while listening to satellite radio, the seat will probably be massaging your butt while the glove box is making you coffee watching re runs of LiteBrite on the screen.

Whatever, with that new Jeep you will be cruising along with no challenge while listening to satellite radio, the seat will probably be massaging your butt while the glove box is making you coffee watching re runs of LiteBrite on the screen.
Litebrite will be on his hood and he'll be filming for them. We've lost him.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Don't forget the diff covers.

Don't forget the diff covers.
Good call. There are so many small things on that jeep that need, should, be addressed for harder stuff. I doubt I'll get it all done but if I do then I bet the wife will decide she no longer wants to go and will stay home with the kids lol.

Diff covers/skids
Control arm skids
tie rod
tie rod flip
Tire carrier reinforcement

I still need to receive/install other parts. I have quite the pile of parts in my garage just waiting for other things that are needed.

waiting on: Bumpers, skids, 1 wheel
need to install: winch, lights, OBA, tires

I'm starting to feel like @Midnight LJR a few years back with his LJ

Last edited:
Good call. There are so many small things on that jeep that need, should, be addressed for harder stuff. I doubt I'll get it all done but if I do then I bet the wife will decide she no longer wants to go and will stay home with the kids lol.

Diff covers/skids
Control arm skids
tie rod
tie rod flip
Tire carrier reinforcement

I still need to receive or some items just to install others. I have quite the pile of parts in my garage just waiting for other things that are needed.

waiting on: Bumpers, skids, 1 wheel
need to install: winch, lights, OBA, tires

I'm starting to feel like @Midnight LJR a few years back with his LJ

🤣 I would 100% do the control arm skids, if those brackets get beat up it will be a pain in the ass later.

Does the JL still put the evap canister is a precarious spot like the JK?
I don't know. The jeep should have a full belly skid on prior to the trip though 🤞

I'm sure it will do fine. It just won't be as stress-free and forgiving as the TJ.

Diff covers/skids
F1C834C8-74AA-4F94-92EF-A67045C34C8D.jpeg
Don’t let your wife pick them out😉