California Rubicon Trip Sep 8-10th (Cancelled Due To Fire)

I will probably drop out but I can’t drop out till the day before. Just working like crazy but idk what it will look like in September
was gonna order one this week, ended up coming down with covid, my oro bracket for the york just showed up today too. I have no energy to do anything :(

60F9BABA-FC01-4082-9B4E-9E84940D80D0.gif

So any updates or considering meeting times ? I will most likely be staying in a hotel Tuesday night, I think I will be working all day so will be getting up there late Tuesday night. I think Placerville will be the closest hotel which is about 90 minutes away from the trail head so hopefully we can meet around 9:00 or so
let me know

So any updates or considering meeting times ? I will most likely be staying in a hotel Tuesday night, I think I will be working all day so will be getting up there late Tuesday night. I think Placerville will be the closest hotel which is about 90 minutes away from the trail head so hopefully we can meet around 9:00 or so
let me know

I am open to whatever who is traveling the farthest?

I have not seen a itinerary ;) Is there a plan:unsure:

Is it to camp the first night at Buck Island and the second night in the Springs.

Or is it the first night in the Springs and the second night at the Resort at Squaw Creek .

I'm good either way but option #2 looks inviting to me :ROFLMAO::cool:

Squaw.jpg

Looks like my plans have changed. The wife has determined that it would be way more fun if herself and the kids joined on the adventure. I'll be working hard to get the school bus up to standards before then but you can refer to me at Mr.Bypass for the trip. A JL on 37s is comparable to a TJ on 32s right?!?!

Last edited:
Looks like my plans have changed. The wife has determined that it would be way more fun if herself and the kids joined on the adventure. I'll be working hard to get the school buss up to standards before than but you can refer to me at Mr.Bypass for thr trip. A JL on 37s is comparable to a TJ on 32s right?!?!

So excited your doing research on how this goes for science, and my possible future purchases.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
When did you get a JL ?
What package?
The wife traded in the minivan for a JLURD. So far it has a metal cloak 2.5" lift. Soon it will have 37" ko2's and some skids. We took it on signal peak the other day and it was way to low. It was getting hung up on fairly tame obstacles.

Prior to lift on signal peak.
20210719_143105.jpg

I have not seen a itinerary ;) Is there a plan:unsure:

Is it to camp the first night at Buck Island and the second night in the Springs.

Or is it the first night in the Springs and the second night at the Resort at Squaw Creek .

I'm good either way but option #2 looks inviting to me :ROFLMAO::cool:

View attachment 269141
Can the Springs be made in one day without rolling in at 10PM at night?

The wife traded in the minivan for a JLURD. So far it has a metal cloak 2.5" lift. Soon it will have 37" ko2's and some skids. We took it on signal peak the other day and it was way to low. It was getting hung up on fairly tame obstacles.

Prior to lift on signal peak. View attachment 269188
TJ on 32’s FTW