Rubicon wheels

CMTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Curious if these would fit on my 06 TJ or do I need wheel adapters or wheel spacers.

00b0b_bcuLN4WcE0a_600x450.jpg

it's as simple as getting the adapters? do the adapters push the wheels out further, or does the offset make it negligible? Not trying to be a pain but I have a set of 4 JK's sitting in the garage that i'd like to try and don't want to spend $200 in adapters if there are other areas of concern. I too have an '06 TJ

Reactions: DeadStang
Those wheels have 6.75" backspacing. The wheel adapters will reduce that by the thickness of the adapter.

Yep, X2. You just need an adapter. Probably something like a 1.5" or 2" adapter would be ideal.

If you don't have any lift you might want to try 1.5 to 2" adapters. I have a 1.5" lift with JK Rubicon rims and bfg mt's and 1.25" adapters. Works fine with no rubbing. I was told the further out you go with spacers/adapters, the more wear you have on steering/suspension components.

Reactions: Chris
I have spidertrax adapters on factor JK wheels. I believe they are 1.25" so this would be as if you were mounting a wheel of backspace 6.75-1.25 = 5.5. I don't think they stick out too much and I don't have any rubbing.

I have spidertrax adapters on factor JK wheels. I believe they are 1.25" so this would be as if you were mounting a wheel of backspace 6.75-1.25 = 5.5. I don't think they stick out too much and I don't have any rubbing.

This setup basically gives you the same BS as factory Canyon wheels from a TJ, so your only other limiter will be the tire diameter, 32" I believe on JK's.

I have a set of the 17 inch JK moabs to go on my Rubicon. They have a backspace of 6 inches...or offset of of -44.45 MM. My 16" Moabs are 16 x 8 with a BS of 5 inches...or offset of -12.7 If you calculate the difference between 44.45 and 12.7 that equal 31.75...or in std measurements 1.25"

So I'm running a 1.25" spacer...That will put the tire in EXACTLY the same spot as it was before. I started thinking in offset a few weeks ago, and its really easier to thing through than Backspacing. Offset doesn't count the wheel width.

I live next to the spe
I just put some JK rubicon takeoffs with 255/75-17s on and got a bit of rubbing. One washer on each steering stop did the trick. The 1.25" adapters bring the backspace to exactly the same spot but the added tire height was just a touch too much. spidertrax offers 1.5" spacers but the adapter only comes in 1.25" - they told me until just recently no one has asked for a wider adapter.