RuffStuff won't be attending KOH 2021

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
To those attending King Of The Hammers 2021,

It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you, we will not be attending this year's King of The Hammers. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it after 11 straight years of support. We operate out of California which has extremely strict guidelines for companies, owners, and staff regarding Covid-19. We spent this last year focusing on made in America products, growing our manufacturing department, and continuing to expand our company to pursue the American dream. We are still implementing new equipment and processes and this needs to be our main focus right now so we can give our customers the high-quality products and delivery/timelines they deserve. We’re extremely disappointed that we won't be there to get your rigs fixed and back on the trails but we will absolutely see you guys in 2022!

With that said, we still want to help the racers and attendees as much as we can. We’ve compiled a list of the most common fixes our crew has come across and fixed over the years at KOH so you guys can better prepare yourself for some hardcore desert wheeling! Check them out below!

- Welding tubes on cast housings
- Front Leaf Spring Hangers
- Links / Control Arms
- Skid Plates
- Gussets
- Heim / Tie Rods
- Driveshafts
- UTV Trailing Arm / A-Arm repairs
- Shock mounts / Link mounts
- Roll cage repair and tube replacement
- Tube end caps
- Adding tube to pass Technical Inspection Guidelines
- Fire extinguisher mounting
- Ford Kingpin Knuckles
- U Joints
- Frames

Thank you for your continued support,

Dan Fredrickson
RuffStuff, Founder

• Sad
Reactions: Daryl and Irun
looks like they are gonna loose $ at the gate. nothin gonna stop people from camping out outside the venue, and gathering along the course, as most will now do.

looks like they are gonna loose $ at the gate. nothin gonna stop people from camping out outside the venue, and gathering along the course, as most will now do.
I don't want this to get political, and I'm not sure if the State is mandating this, but if COVID is a concern, I can't think of a better solution for them. Hopefully the web cast helps make up for it this year which is improving every year.

Anyone think it may get cancelled this year? As in still a race but unofficial
I doubt it unless they're forced to cancel. All of the big sponsors and drivers just finished BAJA a little while ago so the means is still there.

True but this is California. Do you make the trek out?

I did a couple of years ago. It was enjoyable to experience and gives you a perspective that you can't see on TV. For me it's the kind of thing I'd like to go to every few years instead of every year since it's way too congested to spend a day on the trails.

Reactions: SvtLdr
I did a couple of years ago. It was enjoyable to experience and gives you a perspective that you can't see on TV. For me it's the kind of thing I'd like to go to every few years instead of every year since it's way too congested to spend a day on the trails.
I found this to be the case also - made to KOH for the first time last year. Really glad we got there before COVID struck. Also really glad we went just as spectators and left the Jeeps at home. We're planning to wheel Johnson Valley at some point in the future, just not during KOH week.

That's pretty much how I felt. All you really need is something to get around the sand on. We were in 2wd all week.
We were able to have some fun in our rental vehicle, a 2020 Ram 2500. Certainly didn't do as well in the sand as the TJ though...