Rumor Dept: Selling Jeep to China

Yuppies (are there any such things any more? The rich suburban image types) around here love the GC.
Come to Portland, Oregon, you'll see yuppies galore. Of course here they're sort of a cross between hipsters and yuppies, but they'll always be yuppies to me.
Mall Modified JKU's, Upscale Grand Cherokees and Subaru Outbacks. They are everywhere in Northwest Oregon and the Willamette Valley. Saw an Outback with the cutest set of little KO2's on it the other day. It was just precious looking. Outdoor stickers all over the back / side windows. It really needed to have it's picture taken so somebody could make a Meme out of it. Total parody of an off road vehicle.

Oh really? I never would have guessed that. Seems like I see way more Wranglers than Grand Cherokees. Maybe I'm just not looking for them. I'll trust your guy though!

The problem with the GCs is they are starting to look more and more like all the other SUVs out there, so they are running around not getting noticed like they were when first introduced. When I see a GC from a distance, I couldn't tell you it was one.

There's no mistaking a TJ or even a JK for a 4Runner. Time will tell what the JL will morph into.

Reactions: Chris
Yuppies (are there any such things any more? The rich suburban image types) around here love the GC.
Ill say this. We have a 2012 GC overland summit with the 5.7hemi. I would not trade it for any other suv on the market. Unless it was a newer GC. I don't think I'm a yuppie I don't make enough dough for that group. I also drink Budweiser, that excludes me from the hipster group as well.

It looks like in 2016 they sold 212,000 GC's to 191,000 Wranglers so thats pretty close.

http://fcauthority.com/2017/01/jeep-sales-numbers-results-figures-december-2016/

Reactions: Chris
I don't think anyone who drives a GC is a yuppie. Hell, I would love one of those GC SRTs... Those things are like 500hp or something!

x2 Id love one of those Porsche killers too lol....all GC hold there value as well...Most that are being sold over here have very high miles and still going strong.

I really hope they don't sell it to the Chinese. Everything's made there already, I was bummed enough to learn jeeps owned by fiat. I do hope an American company buys it back. It would destroy an American icon, like Chris said, in my opinion too.

I hope this doesn't go through!

And the current Cherokee's do look like every other SUV. They have no character. In my opinion I think they are stupid looking. There's a guy around town with a bright orange new ish Cherokee with like 6 inch lift and some small kenda tires and claims he "wheels it hard" every weekend but it's always spotless... not one speck of mud underneath or in the wheel wells.:facepalm: