Running boards?

Cole

TJ Enthusiast
Need some new running boards/side step for a TJ. I've found a ton of options online... Anyone have good luck with some decently priced ones??

Need some new running boards/side step for a TJ. I've found a ton of options online... Anyone have good luck with some decently priced ones??
What's your usage of the jeep. Are you wheeling it and looking for something to keep rocks and trees off the body? Or is it just a street queen and it just has to help you get in and out?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

What's your usage of the jeep. Are you wheeling it and looking for something to keep rocks and trees off the body? Or is it just a street queen and it just has to help you get in and out?

Not a whole lot of rocky wheeling found around here. Off roading for sure on trails/corn fields, but won't be used to keep rocks off the body unless I go in the local quarry which I think is frowned upon.

Many on here, including myself run these from Body Armor. They're easy to mount, provide some amount for a step, will provide protection and are priced well.

Check them out — https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NP1PPG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here's a pic of them on mine. Don't pay attention the mismatched doors, it's a work in progress :)

IMG_20180220_185202375-800x450.jpg

Last edited:
So really what you need is just a step that won't be ripped off by the first dirt berm it hits. But it's main goal is to assist entrance to the jeep.