Rust opinions please

Greenmachine

TJ Enthusiast
What do you all think? I’m not local to this one...nervous about buying it sight unseen:
1570896704209.jpeg

1570896735389.jpeg

1570896763748.jpeg

1570896793863.jpeg

I see nothing that would keep me from buying this with respect to rust. What is shown in the pics is surface rust. Looking at the large round holes in the frame show no sign of flaking rust; an indicator of internal rust. If you are still looking for a rust free TJ invest $40.00 in a borescope from Amazon which pairs with your cell phone. You can then inspect the inner frame for the hidden cancerous rust.

Reactions: Greenmachine
Well, I posted so many turds for opinions recently I think I was giving @Chris anxiety, so I wanted to show him that I wasn’t actually a fan of rust buckets. I’m close to moving on this one, it’s just not close to me, definitely not in NY...that now I have anxiety from buying a Jeep without seeing it in person 1st!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
It took a hit in its life and the front fenders were repainted...does this look color matched enough for all y’all? (I know there is always going to be a difference between new paint next to old paint of the same color, but does this look too “off”?
1571092020146.png

I wouldn't let it bother you. Once it gets a little dust/dirt/mud on it, you'll never see the difference! On a more serious note, I'd want to be sure the frame is straight. That would be my biggest concern, being that frame rust is obviously not an issue.

Reactions: Greenmachine