Rusty Fairlead

UPJOHN

TJ Enthusiast
image.jpeg I've had my winch for about a month now and the salt is already eating my fairlead.

Check your cable, often. I'm betting it's getting eaten up as well. That salt will work it's way into the lay of the cable and just sit there causing all sorts of issues. It's really hard to rinse out as well. If your fairlead looks like that...

Reactions: billiebob
laughed at the comments. anyway, is it just me or WD40 doesn't really work on a few things?
It was invented to displace moisture in the electrical circuits of missiles. Hence WD. It was the 40th attempt at the formula, hence the 40. If you have a missile that is having problems with water in the electrical system, it's the thing to use. Other than that, it's pretty useless. WD40 isn't a lubricant, it's not a penetrate, it's a water displacement solution for electrical systems. It dries to a semi-hard gum that is really difficult to remove from cracks and crevices. It attracts dust and grime.

It was invented to displace moisture in the electrical circuits of missiles. Hence WD. It was the 40th attempt at the formula, hence the 40. If you have a missile that is having problems with water in the electrical system, it's the thing to use. Other than that, it's pretty useless. WD40 isn't a lubricant, it's not a penetrate, it's a water displacement solution for electrical systems. It dries to a semi-hard gum that is really difficult to remove from cracks and crevices. It attracts dust and grime.

It's also great at removing sticker residue. LOL, lubrication, not so much.

Reactions: StG58