Safe T Cap/Pocono mix 'n match

Rcroane

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm about to have the frame repaired on my '06 TJ. Mine is actually not in terrible shape yet, but I know it will continue to deteriorate, so I'm having the work done now. I'm doing the works...center section and front/rear trail sections.

I wanted to share that I went with Pocono for the center and rear sections based on cost, but chose Safe T Cap for the front. Pocono and Safe T Cap use different designs for the front section. Pocono's includes the front body mount, but not the upper control arm bracket. The Safe T Cap piece does not include the body mount, but does include the upper control arm bracket.

Since my body mount is in great shape, I would end up cutting the body mount off the Pocono piece. I would also have to notch the Pocono piece to fit around the upper control arm bracket. To use the Safe T Cap piece, I will need to cut off my existing upper control arm bracket. In the end, I just thought the Safe T Cap install will be cleaner. The price difference is $135 for the set, which I would probably spend in labor to have the Pocono pieces modified. Hopefully, there won't be any issues mating the Safe T Cap front with the Pocono center.

Sorry for rambling....

Reactions: frank1